Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A New Book Coming Soon

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 4,013Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community

United States
924 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2020  10:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The Royal Canadian Numismatic Association will soon exclusively offer a newly released book for sale on their website. "Past & Nearly Perfect" by Rob Turner explores the pattern, trial, proof, and specimen large cents coined by The Royal Mint, Heaton, and the Ottawa Mint between 1857 and 1920. Some of these fascinating coins serve as a step-by-step guide of how the adopted designs evolved. Others were coined as presentation pieces for dignitaries, collectors, and museums. Collectively, they represent the finest, and some of the rarest, Canadian large cents known to exist. The 174-page hardcover book contains full-color photos and population estimates for each type of special-strike cent. It should be available for ordering by mid-May.

Disclosures: All proceeds from the book will go to benefit the RCNA. Financial assistance for printing the book was provided to the RCNA by the J. Douglas Ferguson Historical Research Foundation. The author has donated the book to the RCNA and will receive no compensation from its sale.

Learn More...
Canada
9188 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2020  12:43 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations Rob!! I look forward to acquiring a copy of this one.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17162 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2020  01:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would be nice to see an independent review of the book published.
That would also help with sales.
Pillar of the Community
United States
924 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2020  03:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I understand that having somebody else tell you it is okay to buy a book is helpful. I suspect that will happen of its own accord once the book is available.
Edited by bosox
04/20/2020 2:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3053 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2020  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As with the rest of your books, Rob, it will become the "bible" that other numismatists will consult when trying to get a handle on the Canadian large cents and their history. If I'm not wrong, this is book #5. Congrats!!
Edited by okiecoiner
04/20/2020 08:00 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1494 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2020  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been waiting for its release congratulations Rob, from what I saw last year at the RCNA convention in Calgary of this book I agree with Bill the book will sell it self as your others did. I can hardly wait to add it to my collection with your other books thank you for sharing your knowledge Rob.
Valued Member
United States
403 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2020  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dan-in-crystal-lake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to picking up a copy of this for sure. Thanks Rob for your contributions to the hobby!
Learn More...
Canada
9188 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2020  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the cover backdrop with the map... it just needs the geology coloured in!
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
United States
224 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2020  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen this book in draft form. Most impressive! Superb photography.

Well done Rob. Looking forward to acquiring one for my library.

Gene
Pillar of the Community
United States
924 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2020  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My author's copies of the book arrived today and the RCNA has received their full shipment. They should be available for purchase on the RCNA website soon.

Learn More...
Canada
9188 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2020  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
266 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2020  05:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Outstanding - thanks for the update...
Pillar of the Community
United States
924 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2020  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am pleased to announce the order link is now live. You can order here:

https://www.rcna.ca/book/index.php
Pillar of the Community
Canada
594 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2020  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks for posting the order link!
Valued Member
United States
224 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2020  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got mine ordered today. Thanks Rob.
Learn More...
Canada
9188 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2020  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ordered mine today!! Looking forward to this one!

My eBay store
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 4,013Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05