Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1946-D Booker T Washington 50c For Grading

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,550Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4564 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2020  11:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
$36. I think I stole this one, looks quite clean especially for a booker. The only think that concerns me is the nick above the eyebrow. Nickelsearcher, where ya at?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6114 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2020  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, the fields of the coin do appear quite clean.

Is the darker color seen on BTW's chin/jaw line and shirt collar present on the coin or is it an artifact of the lighting used for your image? If it's present on the coin, it could indicate metal loss/wear which would drop the coin to AU vs. MS.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4564 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2020  12:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, these are seller's photos, but based off the light direction i"m inclined to believe it's just a shadow. I will update this post with my own in hand pics when I receive it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2020  02:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fields are very nice with great luster. There appears to be a long vertical contact mark on the lower cheek, and perhaps some uneven toning on the reverse, but it will be easier to assess when you have it in hand. Nice looking coin!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59418 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2020  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-65, good shot at 66.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8755 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2020  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-65 or 66
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1158 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2020  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd concur with the above and hope to get it at the price of an AU simply for bragging rights. A solid example.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There are no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Pillar of the Community
United States
4564 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty disappointed with this one. Obverse especially was very poorly represented in the photos.

Valued Member
299 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2020  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think "stole" is a little much for the first and the second is bullion value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2020  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm pretty sure this isn't the same coin that was shown in the seller's photos. I can't find any marks that match up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4564 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2020  02:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zurie, you're correct, as soon as I sent the return request he told me he sent the wrong coin, here is the correct coin in hand. still a bit disappointed, but oh well. The two long parallel scratches on the cheek were not at all evident in the photos. Nontheless, a decent coin for the money IMO.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2020  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much better! I wonder if he was trying to pawn off the other one on you in hopes you wouldn't notice or complain? Anyway, other than those minor scratches, not a bad looking coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4564 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2020  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's possible, but he was extremely apologetic so I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3451 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2020  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nontheless, a decent coin for the money

A good deal
Valued Member
299 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  03:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better, yes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4564 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last one I posted here that's going to PCGS, I have it at 66+
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,550Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05