Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1963 D LMC Double Eyelid

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 374Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
799 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2020  8:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looks to be dbl eyelid. I checked the 3 sites for a match. Nothing matched. What do you think?

Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2020  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Rob0411. The 4th picture seems to show Die Deterioration. I am not seeing doubled eyelid.

Enjoy the hobby.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47862 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2020  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is part of the die wear. (This is not a zinc cent so I won't call it DDD which only affects the fields) These tends to follow the pattern of die flow/wear as the die ages:

They follow a certain direction. But a doubled eyelid follows the alignment of the angle of the eyelid:

So the die flow lines and doubled eyelids are at different angles:

Do you see how they are stronger/wider and angled. On the little die flow lines they are just die wear.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
05/10/2020 10:42 pm
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2020  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks as always for your informative teachings. You are a remarkable teacher, Coop. Keep on doing what you are doing. You are very much appreciated.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47862 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2020  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well this benefits me as well. Because I'm limited on how much I can do physically, I plan to keep my mind sharp by recalling and even re-addressing things as I'm still learning more all the time as well. When I learn new information, I adjust my thinking fit with what new things I've discovered. (Keeping my mind up to date)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2944 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2020  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are three things that generally affect that area that can look like a doubled eyelid. The first is a doubled eyelid, obviously. The second, as noted, is die flow. The third is related to Die Deterioration in a way but is more correctly noted as die pitting. On your coin I would rule out die flow as the flow lines are pretty clear and your raised area seems to follow the eye more than the flow pattern. Whether it is pitting or an extra eye is too hard to tell, although I have a number of unlisted doubled eyelid coins from that year so they are known and many of the 30+ doubled dies on Wexlers site without images are doubled eyes. Overall I'd vote yes for DDO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
799 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Thank you all for your input. I checked VarietyVista,Wexler and Coppercoins. I checked every 60-69 (just for comparison) They all flow the same as mine. A couple years sorta close to mine. One on Coppercoins 63D almost the same. I'm going to file it as a DDO.

Thank you much!
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 374Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05