Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 D Roosevelt Dime DDO? DDR?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 127Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  03:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add almostpennylane to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this 2020 dime in my change. DDO? and/or DDR? Or maybe I've just looked at too many coins today. Thoughts? Thanks guys!!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
33536 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  04:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MD and or DDD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44320 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All Machine Doubling. Forget looking at the edges of devices for a doubled die. The centers of the devices will be enlarged on a doubled die.
Note on the sites to see what is a DDO or DDR:
http://www.varietyvista.com/07%20Ro...Listings.htm
Look at the listings for the DDOs. After 1973 there has only been one year with a DDO.
Look at the DDRs:
http://www.varietyvista.com/07%20Ro...Listings.htm
Almost the same thing, but just a few years for DDR. Why? Because the locations of the Doubled dies are different now. Everybody looking in the wrong areas. All the DDO and DDRs with the single squeeze dies, have the doubled dies on the central areas of the dies. Take a look at the listed examples and see where to look. You will save a lot of time looking in the correct areas for a doubled die. Looking at the outside edges of the devices will only find you Machine Doubling on the post 2000 coins. (Some earlier also. Just can't give an absolute date. Starting with the states quarters forward.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add almostpennylane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for all that info, coop!! Super helpful to newbie like myself :) Appreciate it
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 127Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05