Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 W Quarter Prices

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 450Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
722 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  6:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As I predicted last year, the hype is dying out over those West Point quarters. I just received the Lowell and War in the Pacific, PCGS MS65 for $18.50 and $21.48 respectively. While this is a reasonable price I don't think they'll go much lower but it beats buying one in the raw and hoping it's not all scuffed and scratched for about $10.00. So, just looking for some thoughts.
Pillar of the Community
4967 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure you're right about the hype. A gimmick by the mint to spark an interest in coin collecting. Although, since only 2Mil of each were minted, I'm wondering if they would become (or are) key dates at some point

I'm not in it for the money "but" I might sell the lower grade ones I've found at some point. I would never buy one.

I've submitted several, just to test my non-professional grading skills.

I have one being graded at the moment.

Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  08:27 am  Show Profile   Check BrandaBob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that they've hit their trough it's possible that with the coming years they'll gradually climb back up in price. I for one find a lot of joy in unearthing these from the wild, even if buying slabs is an easier alternative method of obtaining one, I won't do it, completely goes against why the coin was issued for in the first place. But hey that's just me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
966 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoy hunting them, but I'm not all that successful overall only found the first two of them from 2019, the last 3 I never found yet.

As far as Buying them ive given it some thought, but haven't pulled the trigger thinking I can find them all eventually if I keep hunting but now with this virus and banks being a problem, Not so sure anymore.

Anyways, I've also thought to sell some of my American Memorial Park Ws, since I found a lot of those, and use the proceeds to get the ones I'm missing. It also seems to be the one that sells the highest on ebay right now compared to the others.

I mean yeah, If it's costing about $10 for an ungraded one, might as well buy the MS65 graded one for $20. Why not if you plan to buy them.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16512 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's only been one year. I still expect them to go lower.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
722 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In truth I never had the intention of buying them graded. But since I have yet to find any, and when I do, they'll more than likely be well circulated. What I find amusing is how raw ones are only a few dollars less with multiple bidders.
Pillar of the Community
United States
966 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The raw ones sell as they do because it's basically going to be a MS65 maybe MS64. They are buying them gambling on it maybe grading MS66-67-68 though.

They can only get so far off the pictures though. You'll notice if they are clearly going to be MS65 or lower they will sell for $5-$7 or so. But if they have the shot of 65+ they will go raw for $10-$15.

Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheInfinityPoint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I kind of have to buy them raw or slabbed because the chances of it making it out to Hawaii is pretty slim. I don't live on a populous island (indeed, *the* populous island) and I'm not flying there just for these quarters lol.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1820 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't collect quarters but for a few bucks I would pick up a slabbed one from eBay. The quarter is only worth a few bucks more slabbed. If my LCS has them raw I would get a raw one but I'm not actively looking for one. In a few years I expect them to be worth a few dollars at most. There are 2 million of them unless we have 2 million quarter collectors there are more than enough for everyone one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1504 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I expect the price of the 2019-W quarters to go down significantly. I think typical uncirculated examples will be less than $5 within a year or two. Of course the certified 67's and 68's will sell for a significant premium.
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think they will remain scarce, just depends on the interest level of collecting them.
I'm guessing the prices will remain the same.
Pillar of the Community
4967 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been keeping an eye on the TPG'ers top pops. The numbers are definitely slowing down.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
19312 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I stopped collecting quarters when they started the State things. I went for those for a while but lost interest when they continued on and on and on and
just carl
Pillar of the Community
4967 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I stopped collecting quarters when they started the State things. I went for those for a while but lost interest when they continued on and on and on and

I feel the same way. I have a Washington Dansco, 32-80 that's it. Never really had an interest in the clad junk either.

I was really only interested in the 32-64 holes but the album pages went to 1980, so I filled it.

Edited by USSID18
Yesterday 9:25 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 450Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05