Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 S LMC DDO FS-101

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 288Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  10:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add kingtk24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Let me know what you think

The die gouge above the shoulder point is what convinced me it is a FS-101

What do you guys think...the S in Trust was also interesting..the GOD in God...and the 72 in the date..the R & S in TRUST...bad pics as they are limited kb...let me know
Pillar of the Community
United States
4066 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What sites did you use to make you think this is a DDO?
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kingtk24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.varietyvista.com/01b%20L...2SDDO001.htm

The Die Gouge is what got me on the fs-101..i wish I could upload a better pic but I'm limited to 600kb
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kingtk24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try these 3 too..

Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kingtk24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
300 kb is the limit I guess
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1283 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well first off, this coin is not a proof. The DDO is for the proof, via the link you provided.

Second, I see no doubling. I don't think this is a doubled die.

EDIT: The bottom of the rim on the obverse however is quite strange, can we have full pictures of the coin?
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Error Want List (Important): http://goccf.com/t/373255

Best DDO Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/375247#3218314
Best Error Coin I Own: http://goccf.com/t/363534
Edited by SilverCents
05/22/2020 11:48 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44366 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crop the images so not so much excess view that prevents a larger image to load. Then we will see more of the devices and less field areas.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kingtk24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks COOP...here are some cropped pics...maybe its me but that die gouge is just like the fs-101? I know its not a proof like the fs-101..but? That S in Trust...OD in God...the 2 in 1972? Let me know

Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kingtk24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Date East..Trust West...God SW...That Die gouge?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1295 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  07:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It definitely won't be that variety since it isn't a proof, like Silvercents said.

I think what you are seeing is master die doubling which affects a lot of dies (and therefore coins) for the year. The short gouge inside the top loop of the S (STATES), the N (IN) and other areas.
Pillar of the Community
United States
682 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with SilverCents. The variety is on a proof coin. The SF mint made both proofs and business strikes that year, and it's impossible for the same proof die that made the DDO to have also struck this business strike coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44366 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What you are seeing on your coin is master die doubling. All three mints shows this. There's also an issue with slight Machine Doubling. But half of the coins that year show this. So now the plus; You've learned to improve your images.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47906 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyway -

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kingtk24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea...Thanks COOP...thats going to help alot knowing how to do that now going forward
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44366 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is something to save so you will know what areas are affected:
Richard S. Cooper

Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 288Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05