Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1900 Gold Indian Head Penny 4.6 Grams Exact Diameter And Thickness To Reg

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,304Next Topic
Page: of 3

United States
20 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  4:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Chriscook813 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscook813 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do I need to take this to a dealer? Stumped!
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add afewmorecents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No. It's plated.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscook813 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you add 1.5 grams of plating?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4723 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CuNi weight but Bronze date.
We need to see the reverse.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscook813 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems a bit stupid to plate a worn penny.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1990 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

People do a lot of interesting things with their coins.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscook813 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1883 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Maybe so, but there's 13 of them listed on Ebay right now........
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscook813 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you fellas.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2070 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Plating a coin adds a negligible amount of weight, certainly not 1.5 g of additional metal. Are you sure the weight is accurate compared with other bronze cents?
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscook813 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most definitely. I checked this over and over again because I couldn't believe it myself. 4.6 every time and all others 3.1.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscook813 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That much plating would not only make it thicker but would fill in most crevices, in my opinion.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2890 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
get your coin xrf'd, then you will know for sure. If it was struck on a gold planchet in 1900, I would have to venture a guess someone else would have put this coin away..
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscook813 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, I Will, Now the very interesting thing about all of this is that I got that from a lady who's grandfather was a collector and I believe they sold all his stuff after he passed. This coin obviously somehow didn't get sold. It was amoung some of his war metals.so... I'm still excited to find out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1883 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what's going on with the rim? dings? or solder?
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,304Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05