Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For Comments On Grade And Surface (1936 Dollar)

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 840Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
14451 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CanadianBanknote,
Instead of posting multiple one line replies, please read this CCF FAQ about combining your posts the next time:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/faq.asp#edit
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
Canada
690 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tripoli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tripoli pardon my ignorance, but can the luster be fully examined if the coin is not tilted the proper way towards a light source? I did ask for pictures with reflective light.

- light is certainly a factor....my images are really old scans, so yeah, they are basking in the light of the scanner and it's not natural. I can't comment on the MS63 as being dipped or not, as I no longer own it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7981 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...the fact that it doesn't look newly minted makes me think it hasnt been dipped.
You have no idea what dipping is or does do you?
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Canada
23 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadianBanknote to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Apologies to all for not cropping the photo. I'm new around here so I'm still learning the ropes.

@DBM My assumption of course was based on the fact that if the coin had been dipped recently it probably would not have had that kind of tone on the rim or near the letters. Would that not be something that would have been stripped away? I'm still learning about coins so please pardon my ignorance. This is all a learning cycle for me ATM.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
690 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tripoli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does this scan look closer to your dollar's appearance?
Valued Member
Canada
70 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gg_cu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The pictures aren't too helpful but there does seem to be wear on the eyebrows and ears, I'd say AU50, maybe 55.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 840Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05