Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Heritage Auctioning The Walczak Collection

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,535Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
220 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  5:37 pm Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
That's a name I'm not familiar with. Some really nice coins there.

Can someone tell me about this collector?

Thanks in advance,

Gene
Canada
23 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadianBanknote to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im not sure myself. But its interesting that it lands smack dab in the middle of the Torex 2020 Online Auction....
Learn More...
Canada
9148 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of silver 5c, 10c and 25c, including a nice 1906 Small Crown in AU-58 (but no 1887). The 50c collection has a nice 1890-H in AU-53... a better grade seldom seen for sale.

The estimates seem quite conservative, looks like the intention is to move it all...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
153 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  01:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ohh that 1890 half sounds nice - sign me up!
Learn More...
Canada
9148 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a short writeup about Jim Walczak in the most recent Canadian Coin News. A collector of Canadian silver from Texas.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
237 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone know if it's possible to get a hard copy of the catalogue?
Pillar of the Community
United States
912 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They sell them for $50 US at coin.ha.com
Valued Member
Canada
237 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@bosox - thanks!
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  12:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tycoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some of these do look good. Does anyone know what Heritage's shipping rates are to Canada?
Valued Member
Canada
237 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tycoinguy - pretty much standard FEDEX. I recently purchased a Newfoundland 50c.

>buyer's premium was 20% of winning bid (with a $19 minimum)
>shipping was ~$60 to Toronto.

Expensive but everything's insured and the service is very quick.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1033 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you live close to the border, they will ship to a dropbox. Usually much cheaper for me.
Learn More...
Canada
9148 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It helps if you tell Heritage Auctions to declare on the customs forms that the items were "made in Canada". Usually you can avoid the import duty fees.

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3361 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shipping to a drop box is not possible these days , border closed , unless essential .
Also there are no import duties on numismatic coins . There is GST HST PST
depending on province . Duties are long in the past due to NAFTA in the 1990s .
Also the shipping fees the Auction houses are charging is nothing but a new revenue
Stream these days .
Valued Member
Canada
237 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2020  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Pacificoin - so is there a way to avoid that shipping cost? There's a great deal of stuff at Heritage that I'm interested in but that added cost was not welcome....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3361 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2020  11:12 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope , they charge whatever they can get .
I bought a single lot out of DNW a few months back
22 for a single coin that the actual shipping was 8!
Try that on EBay , you would Get negatives all over the place!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4544 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2020  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have to really, really like a coin or note on Heritage, add 70% plus to winning bid to get it back home, although their shipping service is very good.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,535Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05