Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 Cent Supposed To Be DDO But It Still Looks Like MD To Me

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 469Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
173 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  7:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add stevieb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If this is a DDO is it listed somewhere?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely not Machine Doubling. Do not throw it back, it's a genuine DDO.

Is it WDDO-006 "Best Of" variety? Look at the doubling and try to match the die markers to the listed DDO's. http://doubleddie.com/384301.html
Pillar of the Community
United States
1454 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Can you post a closeup image of LIBERTY and the date?
Edited by Petespockets55
06/02/2020 7:34 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45270 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The difference? Note the devices are larger than normal.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josephm99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely a DDO. Nice find! We will need more pictures to see exactly which die it is.
Valued Member
United States
454 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Waynoah83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My money is on WDDO-008. Def nice find!
Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  12:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josephm99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it's WDDO-008. The S in TRUST isn't as pronounced as on that one.
Edited by josephm99
06/03/2020 12:54 am
Valued Member
United States
454 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  04:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Waynoah83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You dont have a chance to be wrong if you dont take a guess.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45270 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  06:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A closer view of the date would tell the whole story.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Edited by coop
06/03/2020 06:51 am
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevieb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope that these photos help out.

Thanks folks
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45270 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So looking at the last image I posted: Which date looks like yours. We are looking at the horizontal on the '2'? I know the answer, I want you to find it. I want you to see what I see.

The difference is a like a muscle. Does it look like yours or like a young Arnold's?
Richard S. Cooper

Edited by coop
06/03/2020 2:24 pm
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevieb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Coop, I hope that I'm right but it looks more like 003
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45270 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correct. Now you know what to look for on IDing this die. I discovered this a few years ago and probably the only ones who know about this clue have been through here and learned it. Now do you want another clue to speed up your searching on this year? Back to the dates again:

Note the '9' on the dates? Note the arrows at 11:00? All the DDOs 1-8 show a corner there that is a first clue you found one of these doubled dies. There are also images of the date on the normal coin and the master die doubled examples. So you may want to copy these images and save them for your personal references? It saves a lot of time re-finding a thread to find them again. They are here now.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevieb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the second DDO that I have found on this year. Your list will help me out greatly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
879 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this a coin roll hunting find? If so, excellent work!
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevieb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, coin roll hunting from my credit union. My credit union has a coinstar machine in it's lobby so there's no telling what the members dump into it.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 469Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05