Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

For Those Who Collect The 5 Cent Canadian New Issues Each Year

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 497Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8844 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  8:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm afraid there could possibly be 7 different 5 cent issues for 2020.
So far I know of 4 and from my experience, this is what I expect we could see.

1. 2020 Elizabeth II from mint set
2. 2020 King George VI 75th Anniversary Victory Silver Proof
3. 2020 Specimen
4. 2020 King George VI 75th Anniversary Victory Nickel plated Steel Proof
5. 2020 Silver Proof Colorized Reverse like 2018 and 2019 (will this be made? Probably?)
6. 2020 Regular Silver Proof Elizabeth II (will this be made? Maybe not?)
7. 2020 Nickel Proof Elizabeth II (will this be made? Maybe not?)

Regarding number 4 above, I see that another "Victory" 5 cents like the silver proof will be made and issued in the 2020 Special Edition Silver Dollar Proof Set - 75th Anniversary of V-E Day: Royal Canadian Navy
Link: https://mint_ca/store/buy/new-relea...ns-cat410002 Link content will change as time passes of course.

(CLARIFIED = I edited the list to change number 4 above. See next post by mice45 ~ Thanks)

Here's the specs.

2020 King George VI 75th Anniversary Victory Nickel plated Steel Proof
Composition three-ply nickel finish plated steel
Finish proof
Weight (g) 3.95
Diameter (mm) 21.2
Edge plain
Artist Susanna Blunt (obverse)
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Edited by TNG
06/03/2020 10:28 pm
Canada
27 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mice45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the 2020 silver dollar set.
The obverse of 5 cent coin is the same as on the silver proof version - George VI. So, number 4 should read:
2020 5 cents - George VI 1945-2020 Victory - Proof
Three-ply nickel finished plated steel, 3.95 g, 21.20 mm.
The coin is round, but both reverse and obverse designs are 12-sided Reverse has morse code, obverse has denticles
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8844 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for that info. I still expect a couple Elizabeth proofs? I edited my list up there.
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8844 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So far I have 4 2020 5 cent issues.
I just wrote to the ca mint with this message. Wonder if they will reply with an answer? I'll follow up if they do and if they don't, I'll try to remember to come back here too.

Quote:
I have collected 224 different 5 cent Canadian coins so far to keep up with my complete set starting in 1922.
In recent years is it getting both expensive and hard to do.
This year I have acquired 4 new coins for 2020. Unc, Specimen, Silver VE and Steel VE proofs.
Last couple years there were colorized Elizabeth II.
I wondered if the mint is going to do this again with Elizabeth II and colorize the VE silver proof. Also wondering if there will be silver & steel Elizabeth II proofs?

Simplified question, I have these.
221. 2020 logo from mint set
222. 2020 75th Anniversary VE Day Silver Proof
223. 2020 Specimen
224. 2020 75th Anniversary VE Day Nickel plated Steel Proof
Will I need these?
225. 2020 Silver Proof Colorized Reverse (will this be made?)
226. 2020 Silver Proof Elizabeth II (will this be made?)
227. 2020 Nickel Proof Elizabeth II (will this be made?)

Thank you
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4472 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TNG: The RCM released its colourized silver proof sets in August the past two years. I don't have any inside info, but #225 on your list may be just around the corner!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
06/23/2020 11:02 am
Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems @TNG

July Release = 2 different 5 cent issues... the #225 on your list is confirmed and a new 1/2 ounce commemorative for 150 years of Canadian coins 1870-2020. Set of 4 50c-5c for crazy$$.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4472 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr: Thanks for the info!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
06/23/2020 1:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8844 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I'm well into this insane set. I don't think it will ever get what I have into it. I guess that qualifies me as a coin collector and not an investor. Thanks for confirming the colorized one in July.

I am assuming it will be a colorized Elizabeth II?
My favorite album!
Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TNG

Quote:
I am assuming it will be a colorized Elizabeth II?

Actually it is the V design double dated 1945-2020 with KGVI on the obverse. The V is colourized
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8844 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
vonigohcr, thank you very much. Hope that's the end of it. (for this year anyway)
My favorite album!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 497Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05