Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Both Of These Morgans Look Odd To Me. Opinions Please.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 495Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  06:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Scott61 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
United States
34305 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. A member will be along soon to help.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1623 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They're both very nice examples. I can't see anything that jumps out as suspect, but I'm not a Morgan expert.

Did you weigh them? Did you see if they're magnetic?

More knowledgeable members will give you a more definitive examination I'm sure.

Edit:
The only area that looks a little different to me may be the rims. But, they didn't strike up the same on every coin.
Edited by Bump111
06/05/2020 08:54 am
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48945 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weights would be a big help.

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
26462 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  10:04 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FREE OPINION: If they are fakes, they are good ones. So, my opinion based on images provided, genuine.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scott61 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They weigh 26.71 and 26.72 and are not magnetic. I was suspicious of their authenticity because the numbers in the dates look a bit different than other same date Morgans I have. Anyway, thank you all for the input and evaluation. I do greatly appreciate it, and I'm actually very happy to hear that these 2 coins are most likely authentic.
Edited by Scott61
06/05/2020 3:15 pm
Valued Member
United States
375 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They look legit to me. Also both appear to be sliders to me.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
332 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sharkman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
7264 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not convinced the 1896 is real, I think it looks pretty suspect in the date area as well. Where did they come from?
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 495Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05