Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jefferson Nickel 1958 RPM D/D/D/D?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 312Next Topic  
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  12:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinsUntilCrypto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, this is the best photo I could get with the microscope that I have. Is there a triple or quad RPM here? Maybe I'm seeing things, but I'd like your opinions, good or bad. I checked the photos on Variety Vista and the RPM-001 D/D/D looks different from this. What do you think?

P.S. - Is there a microscope you would recommend that has options to change the lighting?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2942 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forget microscope photos, just use the camera in your phone.

I have an Apple iPhone 8 Plus, and I have found the camera within will zoom in up to 10 times... I only zoom in between 4 and 5 times and only use in room or daylight as my light source. Once I take photos of my coins, via "the cloud" they are transferred to my computer's photo editor where I resize them to CCF's standards, and presto, I can share my photographs here. I do use my usb microscope for crh, but nothing more.

ša va bien aller
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsUntilCrypto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Merclover
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34325 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  04:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Every scope will have lighting issues,but the better ones like mid to high grade Dino-Lites are good but cost a bit.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45220 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More of an aging die issue. Not an RPM:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsUntilCrypto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks John1. Coop, if it was a deteriorating die, wouldn't that mean that it would stretch toward the outer edge of the coin?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45220 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But what you are seeing on the RPM-001 is the RPM area. You coin is just a normal die example with die wear and some MD on the west side of the mintmark. Check on your coin to see if other areas are showing the MD on the same side of the devices. Then you will see what this really is. Also, when taking images, it is helpful to show the full area in question around the mintmark. If this really was this die, the location of the mintmark would be the same as the one listed on V.V.
http://www.varietyvista.com/05%20JN...8DRPM001.htm
Note the location of the mintmark on Variety Vista and see if the mintmark is in the exact same location. If you could take an image like the first one on the link, then I can make a side by side to show how the locations compare.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 312Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05