Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Storing Silver Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 487Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2020  01:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rhysers to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I recently started collecting one ounce silver coins. I am looking at getting some sort of container for them, but some of my coins are different sizes. Is it okay to get a 40mm holder and put a 39 mm coin in it? specifically I was looking at this, is it even worth the money?: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...7IRU4U&psc=1

Thanks for the advise!
Rhys
Valued Member
United Kingdom
453 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2020  04:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think so, that's quite neat and cheap. Get some silica gel as well as it keeps your coins dry and in excellent condition.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35605 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2020  04:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Are you buying silver to stack or as a collectible? If it is just for the bullion then a loose holder won't matter,but if it is a collectible then the coin may move around inside the holder and cause damage to the coin.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Canada
31 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Entrepid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use similar containers that come with a foam gasket of different sizes so you can cushion the coin in the holder and it won't move. Works well for me.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19590 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2020  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Almost anything is OK for storing Silver coins, however, the main thing is a way to keep moisture from them. And remember, so much depends on how long you intend to store them. If for several hundred years, then look into it more.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14036 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2020  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As said above ; are you collecting them for their beauty and want them to stay that way , or just stacking bullion . If the later than don't bother spending your money on cosmetics for your bullion . Store them nicely and even if they tone badly, their still .9999 silver . either way You will all ways get their price in silver .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverstash119 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All my 1 ounce ASE and Maples I keep in airtite capsules made to fit the specific coin, and in a specially fitted storage boxes for each capsule size. I know I could technically just keep them in coin tubes, or even loose (ack...), but I actually really enjoy organizing them nicely for some reason. I'm maybe a little OCD, so a poorly fitted capsule would just annoy me. Seeing my coins in capsules and neatly fitted in a box is just satisfying to look at.

For any silver bars/rounds, they're just in ammo boxes and tubes.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 487Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05