Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Uspapermoney.info Website

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,005Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
58 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2020  08:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add VictoryHighway to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Group,

Does anyone know what is going on with the uspapermoney.info site? It hasn't been updated in months, even though the BEP has been releasing monthly production reports. In addition, I emailed webmaster@uspapermoney.info to report some information on some Series 2017-A $2 bills I received the other day.

Regards,
Geoffrey
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2020  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VictoryHighway to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I meant to say that when I emailed the site, I got a bounce-back.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3443 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2020  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, the site still exists, the last update was February. What kind of bounce back? Mailbox full? Doesn't exist? Delivery problems from you ISP?

-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
United States
4860 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2020  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I understand correctly the two individuals responsible for keeping it up to date BOTH retired about the same time.
Obviously no replacement has been named yet.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2020  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VictoryHighway to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is what I got back:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on xxxxxxxxx.net

The message identifier is: 1jmQgO-0000oX-Mx
The subject of the message is: $2 2017-A Notes
The date of the message is: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 19:44:27 -0400

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

webmaster@uspapermoney.info
Delay reason: H=mx-fwd-1.nearlyfreespeech.net [208.94.116.196]:
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<webmaster@uspapermoney.info>:
450 4.7.25 Client ho
Pillar of the Community
United States
2840 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2020  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If I understand correctly the two individuals responsible for keeping it up to date BOTH retired about the same time.

This is incorrect. The website was created and is maintained by a single individual that accesses and updates the website through a computer at the University where they work. The University has been closed because of the pandemic. I'm confident that the University will eventually reopen and updates will be made. I've purposely omitted both the name of the individual and University for privacy concerns.
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2020  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VictoryHighway to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info. I was worried that the site was going to go offline.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
563 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2020  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@SteveInTampa:

Thanks for the information. I, too, have been worried that the site would go offline.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
563 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Happy to report that the guy running the web-site has updated it just recently.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10620 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  03:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update, redlock.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,005Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05