Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Think I Sell These Or Just Throwaway/Use

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 378Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
668 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  6:46 pm Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not sure if they are too, oh yeah there is a bunch of pennies however no this is just one of them (hundreds).

They appear to have chemical damage of some sort, or aleast that what I reckon as they are too new to have natural toning be like this, opinion?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17075 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1964 Australian Penny very common, even in uncirculated condition. They were the last date before the introduction of Decimal currency in Australia in 1966, and almost all of the 1964 issue saw very little or no circulation. 54.6 million minted.

Place two of them, one at each end of your toilet cistern.
Marvellous how the bronze in them will kill that dark horrid algae!

Valued Member
Australia
65 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So long as there are no hard to find specimens I'd flog em as a cheap bulk lot on ebay. 1964 is still over half a century old so toning is probably natural. Worst case scenario, take them to a scrap metal merchant.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3490 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I lived near you, I would buy them for 10 cents each as I love Australian Pennies. But as I live in Canada the shipping cost would be absurd.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48838 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spenders, I think.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
616 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do what the dealers do,into the copper or silver scrap/bucket and when you get a Kg/lb off to the scrap metal recyclers.
If its 1 or 2 Coins as mentioned off to Ebay or the jar on the shelf.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
668 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was bulk lot buy so mostly right off however there are a few that are interesting no stand out so far. Did find a slightly rotated at 1 o'clock 1920 half penny not greatest quality but in a fine condition with a bit of oxidation.
Valued Member
Australia
65 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Was bulk lot buy so mostly right off however there are a few that are interesting no stand out so far.

Yup, bulk penny buy means scrap value only unless you can re-list on ebay and find another poor sod to pay 3x scrap value for them. I got suckered into a bulk buy of pennies and happenies. I filled a few gaps but it was mostly QE2s and the earlier ones were rather ordinary at best with no HTF dates or mint marks. Many of the coins were trashed with holes drilled etc. Would have been cheaper buying individual coins to fill the gaps. Never again!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
668 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  12:31 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ouch that sucks to hear that :S usually crappy dealer do that or people who know nothing about collecting coins (intentional or unintentional). Trust me I sure both were happy with the transaction :D (he obviously thought he got the better end and maybe he did), but if I wasn't happy with the price I would have walked. Note Scrap is about 5-8 dollar kg I believe for copper however never bought the pennies so that I could scrap them.

I know that people pay a higher premium to certain date so that what ill be doing will see if this lot pay off. Wish me luck guys.

wow 54 Million that is a heck of a lot luckily not all of the pennies are 1964 pennies
Edited by ryurazu
07/01/2020 12:40 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
668 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  04:29 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HtF? You mean George V? They have a greater value in bulk amounts just to let you know.

Gonna have some noodling predemcial fun ;)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
668 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  07:30 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharing some more as one can see the dmg/toning varies

Happier with this one tho, also a variety weak 1.
Valued Member
Australia
65 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you are finding some keepers Ryu. I don't think I would have the space for keeping varieties. I tend to follow numista and mostly only collect circulating coins of dates and die differences. I think I'd go bonkers looking for filled dies and chipped die errors or planchet faults.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
668 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Read somewhere that there were rolls of poppy given to the banks to circulate not sure it this is true or not. Doubt it unless there are still in a bank vault of some kind that has to keep physical currency on hand.
Edited by ryurazu
07/01/2020 9:42 pm
Valued Member
Australia
65 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2012 Poppy? Nah, it was 2 coins, not 200 rolls, and I think Coaster hoovered them up from circulation.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 378Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05