Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Crossover Grading? ANACS To PCGS On A 1878-S DMPL Morgan

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 360Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
106 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  02:48 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add villagekid to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Have this older white holder Anacs Morgan.
It was graded MS62-DMPL. My wife and I believe it has
the potential to crossover to a higher grade.
We couldn't capture the deep mirror status that
this coin exhibits, but it is definitely better in hand.
Looking for assistance as to the grade you think it
should warrant. Thank You!

Valued Member
United Kingdom
443 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it would grade MS63, unsure about prooflike I'm no good at determining that. Does it have Extra shiny mirror like fields? It could make MS64.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49452 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Difficult to judge the PL quality from these pics.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8981 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
reverse strike a little weak for a 78(S) and the blotchy toning affects eye appeal probably held it back on the scale. the coin appears to be better than a 62. I dont see DMPL but thats hard to get in photos. if it maintains it designation then it could go higher and worth crossing. to me it looks like a solid MS63. its a gamble but you have it in hand to determine the mirrors we dont. I wouldnt want to lose the DMPL unless I was pretty sure it would keep it
Pillar of the Community
United States
944 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say MS62, but identifying PL or DMPL from the photos is a tough one.
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tough with these pics. I would also give this MS63, but cannot judge for PL/DMPL.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21181 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Maybe" a 63 but doubt it is worth the time and money to do the crossover.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1497 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JMHO, but you might be better off leaving it in the older ANACS slab.

A MS-63 DMPL PCGS/NGC is in the $200-$300 range. Even though ANACS called this a MS-62, I think a bourse floor buyer might eyeball-eye-appeal it up to MS-63, if the mirrors are deep enough and the contact marks aren't deep. In an older ANACS slab, you have the argument that it might run higher. In a new PCGS/NGC slab, all arguments are out the window. Let the prospective buyer see the opportunity. That's what sells.
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would rather have the old ANACS holder myself .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3401 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  12:14 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Leave it in the holder . When you go to sell it
The coin will bring a premium. Looks sharp
and would probably upgrade !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4097 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-62 seems correct. Can't really tell PL or DMPL from these photos.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 360Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05