Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972-D 1c. CCl(T1)-1c-1972 D-01

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 407Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
142 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  8:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nativearapaho to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I felt compelled to share the finished product. This is our discovery coin. Ours as in the entire family known as, coin community, and myself. It was here I obtained , among many many other things, the true identity of what I'd discovered. I'm indebted to everyone here who has ever took the time to teach me. These lessons did not just assist me in becoming a more savvy numismatist, but also patience, perseverance, and a true understanding into what this hobby is really about.

Gratefully,

Brandon

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nativearapaho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I goofed and placed an I in the place of the i, after CC.
Learn More...
United States
16616 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@na, that is a pretty sweet die clash. You have the correct letters in the title. It is just that the autocorrect has the letter L in lowercase.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
4112 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a very strong die clash! Congrats on the discovery.

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg

Collector of Varieties and Errors of all kinds

Pillar of the Community
United States
7276 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3151 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing coin! Congratulations!
ça va bien aller
Valued Member
United States
454 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking coin! Congrats!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34643 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  06:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Did you have to request the "discovery piece" be put on the label?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nativearapaho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the congratulations extended everyone. John1, yes to your question in regards to my needing to request "discovery piece" be applied to the label. I just wrote on a separate piece of paper this very request, and sent it in with the attribution letter and the submission form.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nativearapaho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1, is it possible for me to send you an email?
Learn More...
United States
16616 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@na, you can contact CCF members by clicking on the icon of an envelope on top of a piece of paper in the post of that member.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nativearapaho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much obliged Spence.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1227 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nativearapaho: Congrats on your Discovery piece. I will ask the same question as John. I have 4 Discovery coins my latest one is a 1969 P DDO-003. PCGS will NOT add it to the slab due to it not being in the cherry picker guide even with a letter from MR Wiles. If you don't mind me asking what did you have to do to get Discovery Piece on the slab. It makes a difference in asking price if ya sell with that on the slab also bragging rights lol.
Edited by Daves Errors
07/03/2020 12:13 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 407Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05