Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Crossover Grading? ANACS To PCGS On A 1882-S DMPL Morgan

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 608Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
106 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  3:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add villagekid to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is in a older white label holder graded by Anacs MS64 with the DMPL attribute.
My wife and I are thinking to do a crossover on this coin.
It does have that deep mirror affect which was hard for us to capture on our camera. It's also starting to have that nice edge (peripheral) toning both sides and the details are really nice. We bought this one right at a price along the MS63 DMPL grade and are hoping to crossover to PCGS since most of our graded Morgans are PCGS. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated...Thank You!

Edited by villagekid
07/03/2020 12:24 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5350 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see why not. It's worth a shot at a crossover in my opinion.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17159 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why not?
In the meantime, I think
MS-62 PL
Pillar of the Community
United States
7277 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What grade is it currently, 63 DMPL, or 64 DMPL? I'm a bit confused....which is normal.
Valued Member
United States
407 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wideglide to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this will get a 63 from PCGS easily. You might get lucky and get bumped up a grade...
"Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?" R.W. 1975

Mark from the metropolis of Portage, PA
A.N.A. #3206350
Valued Member
United States
106 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add villagekid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
edweather
Posted - Today :1H 22M ago

What grade is it currently, 63 DMPL, or 64 DMPL? I'm a bit confused....which is normal.

MS-64 DMPL which is what it graded at Anacs.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4097 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks MS-64 all day long. Can't tell DMPL or PL from these photos.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8981 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not seeing PL surfaces but that is best judged in hand. typical sharp strike. should make MS64 on a crossover. its a gamble
Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would keep it in the anacs holder if it's 64 DMPL . I love the holders and though hard to see for sure do not see it grading higher with PCGS
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49447 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I lean toward leaving well enough alone.
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinsteel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might be worth the gamble but PCGS might say it's MS63PL
Pillar of the Community
Canada
593 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say keep it as is if you aren't looking to sell it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I lean toward leaving well enough alone.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21181 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also agree with Frog, not worth the gamble.
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im also joining that side, keep it as is!
Pillar of the Community
United States
9310 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The chances of it crossing to DMPL at today's standards is slim. Back when this coin was graded the PL and DMPL standards were a bit looser. Then factor in toning of the coins surfaces since it was slabbed 20 odd years ago. My vote is let the sleeping dog lie.
1883-O Nut
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 608Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05