Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Camera Is Not Very Good On This Phone But Can You Help Me ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 283Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
108 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  3:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DeLoss to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I picked this coin up at a yard sale I'm not too sure of what it is I cannot find anything online about it it has 986 and small numbers on the bottom of the coin .

Valued Member
United States
136 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeadElvis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi DeLoss,

Wrong forum I think but it looks like a souvinir token.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3542 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have asked the moderators to move your topic to:

Tokens, Medals, Challenge Coins, and other Exonumia

Your picture is not in focus. Any phone can take an in-focus picture. I suggest moving the camera farther away from the token and using the magnification. Also, put the camera on a stable surface.

A lot of german cities issued commemorative tokens. You have one from Markt Erbach. The 986 might be the year of the founding of the town. The other small numbers might be a silver purity, but I cannot read them as the picture is out of focus.
Edited by oriole
07/07/2020 5:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4530 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2020  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It appears (through the blurriness ) to be a souvenir medal from Markt Erlbach, a smallish market town in Germany. It is not a coin.

The piece might be silver - the "986" representing its fineness.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
16641 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2020  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Locking this thread. Please go to this thread if you want to comment on this token:

http://goccf.com/t/378524#3246248
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 283Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05