Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1880 Philly Morgan Help Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 291Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  7:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all this one is giving me a hard time as far as I am having a tough time photoing it. the pictures are making it brighter than it is, though it does have luster . It doesn't appear to have been cleaned though I guess at some point in its history it could have been whipped though no harsh cleanings and doesn't look to have been dipped

any thoughts based on my pics? I will try for better ones later as well.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4161 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This has definitely seen a fair bit of circulation but there's still luster present. AU-53 IMO
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49596 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-50/63 - basically a bullion coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't tell from the photos whether the surfaces are original or the amount of luster. It definitely has seen modest circulation. I think it nudges up to AU-55.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9317 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU53/55ish
1883-O Nut
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks all this one has a checkmark on the 8. need to look closer but looks like possible VAM 53a
Valued Member
United Kingdom
443 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  01:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU 53
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21181 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks AU-55 to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9317 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't make out the check mark but the clash marks look correct for 53A. I can make out the clash mark between the s and t in trust which matches the correct position for 53A. 11A has the clash mark at a slightly different degree of rotation.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
9007 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with all the surface issues, eye appeal on the low end and weak reverse strike, I think this one nets at AU53
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one is ungraded but since it had bad pics I won the auction for 29.00 which I thought was a bargain for this coin if it's a VAM 53a and though not the best eye appeal it's decent in hand and looks fine to me for the money
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4113 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Surfaces don't look right to me. I'd be at AU details for this one. Not sure if cleaned or some kind of environmental issue but something is off.
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fenton I will try and get better pics my camera skills where off for sure . The pics captured the detail good but not the color . It looks exactly like a few other graded Au 50 to 55 I have including the 91o clashed e I posted a few weeks back so I don't think it's been cleaned but could be wrong
Pillar of the Community
United States
2662 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
53/55
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 291Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05