Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cincinnati Numismatic Expo - Anyone Attending? 7-18 Thru 7-19-2020

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 838Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3794 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  11:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is usually a good mid sized show with a mix of specialty and generalist dealers. I've gone the last few years but am leaning against it this year due to the pandemic and the related fact that Ohio has rising numbers of infections in recent weeks especially in the more urban areas of the state.

Anyone planning on attending? Any speculation on what percentage of vendors will be there?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3601 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am about 2 hours away in Columbus, but I don't tend to go out of my way to attend shows since I have a couple of fairly narrow collecting themes in world coins.

I am tied up this weekend, so I am not planning on attending, but will keep this show in mind for the future.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
19401 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought all coin shows were cancelled due to the virus stuff. I sure will not go to one yet.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Canada
593 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even with protocols in place I don't think I would risk attending yet if I were you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2143 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would go but it's about 1000 miles away. :(
Learn More...
United States
88700 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Even with protocols in place I don't think I would risk attending yet if I were you.
I feel the same.
Pillar of the Community
United States
757 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  06:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's only 3.5 hours from me and has been on my wish list for years.

Not this year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1484 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I'm going. I'll be wearing a mask except when sitting at a table going through coins and I may wear gloves most of the day. I think its reasonably safe if you are careful. The show is in wide open room. Its not like some shows where people are walking over each other. There is a lot of room in the room they use at Sharonville and the HVAC is excellent.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
757 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Canada
483 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I'm surprised this is still going on. All the shows around me have been cancelled even though the number of cases have been decreasing. Personally I'm not in a rush to attend a show. There will be more opportunities in the future.
Learn More...
United States
88700 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Personally I'm not in a rush to attend a show. There will be more opportunities in the future.
I agree. Tempus fugit. This will be part of our history soon enough.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16777 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will be there on Friday. I have to work Saturday night or I'd be there Saturday as well. I've been attending this show ever since it began.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
3794 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will be there on Friday. I have to work Saturday night or I'd be there Saturday as well. I've been attending this show ever since it began.

Please let us know how it goes! I've decided to stay home this year and that really pains me but unfortunately it is needed due to being higher risk.
Edited by Joe2007
07/14/2020 8:23 pm
Learn More...
United States
88700 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've decided to stay home this year and that really pains me but unfortunately it is needed due to being higher risk.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3405 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With most people in the hobby ( not all ) , older,
you need your head read to even think of attending any larger
indoor Event right now , let alone a coin show .
Stay home or enjoy the great outdoors , or your garden .
Much safer to enjoy our great hobby online right now.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
593 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. With most people in the hobby ( not all ) , older,
you need your head read to even think of attending any larger
indoor Event right now , let alone a coin show .
Stay home or enjoy the great outdoors , or your garden .
Much safer to enjoy our great hobby online right now.

Personally I really think more time should be given before coins shows start up, obviously the key reason being the older folk, but tbh, I'm only 18 and I still don't think I would risk going, not just for fear of spreading the disease, but even catching it as a young adult can be deadly.

For those who are attending, please take all appropriate precautions and safety steps to avoid any illnesses being spread.

And to anyone going I also implore you consider bringing a video camera because I can almost guarantee that there will be a couple of irate "I don't have to wear a mask, it goes against my freedom!!11!!" Freak out Incidences.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 838Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05