Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1968 D Cent What's Inside The O In God Looks Like The I?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 314Next Topic  

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  04:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Aliabeans to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey all lots of die chip streaks but that's not what I'm I'm curious about I'm curious about the letter inside the O in God. Check out the pics and let me know thank you
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34736 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Die gouge? Use the search box upper left of page. I think we seen this before.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  04:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aliabeans to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its raised basically like the number 1 or a rectangle if you will but with its edge in the dead center. And I'm searching as you suggested to see what comes up. If I take side shots so you can see its raised would that help?
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aliabeans to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So from the info that came up it would be a very nice concentric die gouge? But concentric is circular? So this having a 90 degree edge on it is there a different name for it?
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aliabeans to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a other coin with a concentric die gouge around half of the colar approximately from say 1245 straight down and then to the right towards the date at 1215 do any of these kinds of things have a value or just cool to have
Valued Member
United States
136 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeadElvis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think that is a gouge, it's too perfect. I can't imagine any way it left the mint this way though. I'll be watching this thread! :)

Edit: it appears to go under the O
Edited by DeadElvis
07/13/2020 08:23 am
Learn More...
United States
16648 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is an interesting one. I hope that @coop weighs in with his thoughts.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
32 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morpheouss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that a 1968 D penny?...dime?...or?...
Just curious...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34736 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a cent.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16779 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a die gouge.
Gary Schmidt
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 314Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05