Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is There Such Thing As A 1999 Copper Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 232Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  12:22 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Gigicoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For the past few weeks I've been going through coins that we've been collecting and that have been passed down through generations in our family. So I really don't know what I'm looking at here, but I just found a 1999 P nickel that looks like it's completely made out of copper. But I can't find anything on the internet that says there such a thing as a 1999 copper nickel. Has anyone ever heard of this?#8311;
Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cointagous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lets see what you have as it goes a long way in answering your question.
Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.

Uploading Photos

Free Image Optimizer
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10675 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  03:20 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes,

...but I would venture to guess that it is environmentally damaged in some way because it should be a solid copper-nickel alloy (it can't peel apart like clad coins). Getting the weight of it might help, too. It should weigh 5 grams.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
3200 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  03:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to tne CCF!

ša va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7278 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  04:27 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it is environmentally damaged in some way

Sounds like a metal detector find - cupro-nickel coins usually go reddish-brown when buried in the soil. But photos would help confirm this!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34736 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  06:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. We will need the weight and good photos to help you.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 232Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05