Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1886 P Morgan For Your Thoughts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 284Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  12:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I think this is a nice coin, I picked it up for a good price , mostly because it is unattributed but a possible VAM 6b?
not sure but coin has some cool stuff going on which makes me happy for such a common date.

Edited by JasonKflo
07/12/2020 1:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8990 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 86(P) are typically sharp and I think this one is typical for the year. surface preservation is AVG- for the obverse. some broken luster on the cheek. it should still hold an MS63 grade
Valued Member
United Kingdom
443 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree MS63
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49521 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll nudge a tad to 63+.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4149 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it might be nice enough to make 64
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21181 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63, might push to 64 but it's a coin toss so to speak.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1501 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin! The strike is average. Luster is excellent. The hits on the eye, eyebrow, east of the cap likely hold the obverse to MS-63. The reverse is much better, borderline MS-65. I see the net grade as MS-64. My only concern going forward would be conserving the milk spot on LIBERTY.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49521 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be truly happy to own this coin in a 64 holder for what I'm guessing the OP paid.
Pillar of the Community
United States
946 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking Morgan. I'm at MS64.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4111 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one is straddling the line between MS-63 and MS-64. Luster seems great so I'll lean high and say low end of MS-64.
Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2020  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is the grade MS-64

Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 284Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05