Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1942-D US Standing Liberty Half Dollar,

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 286Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
94 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  09:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Habib Alimohamma to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
Today I was checking my coins and some features of 1942-D US Standing Liberty were interesting to me, therefore decided to share them with you. in this coin something is wrong with nose and lips of the Liberty. Also I see some kind of doubling on the motto "IN GOD WE TRUST" and mint mark.
Please let know your suggestions.
With best regards,
Habib.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13820 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please take full coin photos of obverse and reverse . I don't think there's any errors on your coin , just PMD and a lot of wear. BTW ,your coin is a Walking Liberty half dollar .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45724 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
Australia
94 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Habib Alimohamma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Deer Richard,
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry for my mistake regarding naming the coin, yes it is walking liberty, not standing. I will take a new image and will upload.
By the way, if you do not mind, I just wanted to know what kind of microscope and source of light are suitable for better imaging?
I use common online selling microscope with LED light and my imaes are not good enough and most of the receive no proper feedback of the images.
With best regards,
Habib.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45724 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well if this is a Walking Liberty, Why did I think it was a Mercury dime? LOL
Taking better images for the forum:
http://goccf.com/t/352894&SearchTerms=lighting
Lighting and images:
http://goccf.com/t/335702
This will help explain it. From a thread I posted sometime back. You can always check a lot more of my threads on CoopHome. Note how it is blue? When you type that it, and post it, then you can click on it and it will take you to many threads with thousands of images and explained from the way I teach. I want everyone to see what I see on a coin. So this will keep you busy are a long time. So many subjects. It is three pages long, with comments from others and threads of threads to click onto with subject you may have wondered about. If you leave a comment in them, then it brings it back to the top of the forum so others can read it again, or read it for their first time. Hope you enjoy these.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13820 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Habib , we both were wrong . Your photos are from a Mercury dime . Thank you Coop for setting us straight .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
Australia
94 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Habib Alimohamma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Richard,
Thank you for sending links for taking better images.
As I promised, herewith I am attaching full images of 1942-D Walking Liberty half dollar coin for your kind information.
With best regards,
Habib.

Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 286Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05