Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Strange Feature On Reverse Of 1922 Peace Dollar?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 330Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
94 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  12:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Habib Alimohamma to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to correct topic title and text. ***
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Hi,
I noticed some strange feature on the reverse of the 1922 US Morgan Peace dollar and behind the Eagle.
please have a look to this image and let me know your opinion.
Thanking you.
With regards,
Habib.
Pillar of the Community
United States
550 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nieuw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Habib,

1. This is not a Morgan dollar, but rather a Peace dollar

2. Could you please zoom into the location and take a pic of where you think the error is?

3. If you are talking about the reverse, that may be due to ED

Lastly, Nice luster nonetheless
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34824 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a "substance" on the coin. maybe a 100% pure acetone bath might help?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2228 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like glue to me
Pillar of the Community
United States
6425 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
foreign substance or a stain.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Valued Member
Australia
94 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2020  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Habib Alimohamma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi every body,
Thank you for all your kind replies. I am sorry for my mistake for naming Morgan dollar for this coin and in fact as you mentioned it is Peace dollar.
I am attaching two more images of this coin for better view. I may be wrong, but it seems there is photo of a person behind the Eagle! and therefore I decided to get help.
Again thank you.
With regards,
Habib.

Austria
16 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2020  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Saint Stephen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Habib, it looks like Hillary Clinton. But its not a sign she will win an election. My opinion is that is pvc damage. And if you can afford it have the coin restored. Cleaning them ourselves may be best in the long run, but in the short run the learning curve can prove costly. It really does look like Hillary. Good luck with it.
Valued Member
Australia
94 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2020  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Habib Alimohamma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Saint Stephen,
Thank you for your comment.
At the moment do not know what should I do? But surely I will find some way to find a person in this coin!
With best regards,
Habib.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 330Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05