Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Task - To Noodle A Complete Set Of The Great Aussie Coin Hunt 'A' To 'Z'

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 229 / Views: 6,688Next Topic
Page: of 16
Pillar of the Community

Australia
633 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  06:20 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Back in the day I succumbed to the hype and purchased a set from Australia Post ... mainly for convenience but also to have an uncirculated set.

Since then I've always wondered how difficult it would be to find the set myself. Maybe I've left it a little late but anyway I'm going to give it a go!

My strategy is to noodle $100 worth of one dollar coins at a time and see how long it takes to complete the set.

I already have 'D', 'H', 'T' and 'U' that's been found in change so I've only got 22 coins to go! Updated results to come shortly .

Pillar of the Community
Australia
633 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even though the focus is on the alphabet letters I'll also list any other relevant 2019-20 coins, along with any other unexpected coins, that are found.

1st $100

2019 A-Z - letter 'G'

2019 AUS - 'U' privy mark

2001 90 degree rotation

Only 21 to go!

Edited by coaster
07/21/2020 10:51 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2517 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds Coaster.
For a non circulating coin, they are definitely out there.
I have found quite a few in the till at work. Currently I have 18 out of 26.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
633 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2nd $100

2019 A-Z - letter 'C'

2019 IRB effigy x 2

2019 JC effigy
Pillar of the Community
Australia
777 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"nicie", at this rate you will need another 2400? assuming no duplicates :D
Pillar of the Community
Australia
633 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3rd $100

2019 AUS - 'S' privy mark

2019 IRB effigy

2019 JC effigy

Alas, no A-Z Letter this time ... still 20 to go!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
633 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4th $100

2019 A-Z - letters 'X' and 'Y'

2019 AUS - 'U' privy mark

18 still to find!

Australia
44 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
*** Edited by Staff | The bad word filter is in place for a reason. Bypassing the filter and making the intended word obvious anyway is completely unacceptable. ***

Your doing a lot better with your noodleing than I am. according to my notes I have noodled $600 dollar coins and alphabet wise I have found a p and an e I also found an m in change. also I most certainly have never found any rotation errors of the sort. All 2019's are irb or jc correct?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
633 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All 2019's are irb or jc correct?

Yes that's correct ... when I started looking for the A-Z coins I also wanted to get an idea of the numbers for all 2019 $1 coins at the same time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6590 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like this Great Aussie Coin Hunt. I have to get one of those Yowie dollars...which won;t be easy being in the States. I see they are even difficult to find online. Funny how one of them on ebay offers around (US) 3.00 shipping to the US and the other around (US) 14.00 (yikes!).
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
633 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5th $100

No A-Z coins this time! #128542;

2018 Commonwealth Games

Still 18 to go!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
777 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  01:58 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Earle42 I can setup a sell on the forum if you want.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
633 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
6th $100

2019 A-Z - letter 'V'

17 still to find!

Pillar of the Community
United States
6590 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ryurazu
If the international post to here is around the 3.00 mark instead of the 14.00 mark, I very much appreciate your offer. Admittedly I know little about these coins and their mintages.

You could also just PM me if you like - if the postage is not too high, and you have extras, I might be interested in more than one as I have a couple sons who like yowies and everything related.

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Australia
44 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did anybody else when they saw that commonwealth games coin think that was a man bending over at the top of the design.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
633 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Did anybody else when they saw that commonwealth games coin think that was a man bending over at the top of the design.

I'd never noticed that before but now that you mention it ...
Page: of 16 Previous TopicReplies: 229 / Views: 6,688Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05