Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Verdi-Care Example On A Coin I Was Shooting Tonight

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,032Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
8340 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  01:51 am Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A light application I did of Verdi-Care (small drop on each side) worked in with a Q-Tip and left on for about 30 minutes before blotting dry with a microfiber cloth. Looks a lot better I'd say. Photos are pretty close, same lights but not 100% exactly the same, so there is a touch of color balance difference.

I love this stuff, it really helps to conserve some of the tougher organic gunked up coins with ease. Thanks BadThad, it's a coin saver! Wish it was back in stock at Wizard though.

EDIT: I had previously soaked this coin in acetone (overnight), with little to no effects, green gunk stayed on, even with a little pushing of a Q-Tip in the acetone. It works great on PVC, lacquers, glue and tape residue, and some other organics, but this type of corrosion is strange, I don't run across it often, but Verdi-Care has always done a very admirable job at eliminating or at least lessening it.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
07/23/2020 01:55 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40850 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WADR, until VerdiCare is available we need to stop talking about it and recommending it. What is the next best thing?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
07/23/2020 07:36 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15869 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to ask you ; Did you buy this coin with that reverse looking like that ? If you did , WHY ?
Yes the Verdi-Care application ( although a little unorthodox ) They say not to allow the VC to dry on the coin .'' Left it on for 30 minutes before blotting dry ''
Made the coin look much better .

Quote:
WADR, until VerdiCare is available we need to stop talking about it and recommending it. What is the next best thing?
John1

John many of us still have some VC and are happily using it , Although I understand your frustration about it not being available for purchase any more .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3999 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  09:20 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same result is achieved with many products .
Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7344 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Pacificcoin
Please share the info of which products give same result with us.

I have Verdi-Care, but when I run out I know I cannot get more.
The slabbed Half dollar No FG farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3999 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  11:28 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A product called........ " Coin Care " available at 4.95 from coin supply stores .
A bunch more , but they are proprietary.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8340 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have to ask you ; Did you buy this coin with that reverse looking like that ? If you did , WHY ?

Of course for two reasons;

1. It's a cool planchet error, or more likely struck through (probably a bit of wood) error.

2. Notice the die breaks all around the coin? IT's a late die state coin from an end of life die that is about to shatter. This is a variety I didn't have in my die marriage collection yet. Some times the only variety you will find for years is one that has issues. I still like it as I collect all errors on Two Cent Pieces as well as die varieties.

Sure wish I could get another bottle. I've had mine for about 6 years now and it's still at 80%+ though, doesn't take much, and it goes a long way. I've not yet tried Coin-Care but have heard mention of it on the EAC group forum, some there liken it to a okay version of the old Blue Ribbon.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3518 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone just used WD-40? I mean it was made for NASA. Can't hurt, Right?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3999 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly what Coin Care is , a very lite version of the old Blue Ribbon.
No where as effective but gives satisfactory results if
used properly .
If I have a major copper restore job , I do have Blue Ribbon
in my war chest . Coin has to be worth at least $200 though .
Edited by Pacificoin
07/23/2020 2:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7344 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Pacificoin.
The slabbed Half dollar No FG farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tampabaygrampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought 2 bottles from Thad in October. He offered it for sale here on the forum. If I remember correctly, he was going to sell it until it was gone. You might check with him. Jim
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15869 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2. Notice the die breaks all around the coin? IT's a late die state coin from an end of life die that is about to shatter. This is a variety I didn't have in my die marriage collection yet. Some times the only variety you will find for years is one that has issues. I still like it as I collect all errors on Two Cent Pieces as well as die varieties.

So now I know why I'm not an error & variety collector . I like my classic circulated coins clean with no distractions .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
8340 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2020  09:03 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
T-BOP: So now I know why I'm not an error & variety collector. I like my classic circulated coins clean with no distractions.

Oh I've still got some of the better ones with no distractions too! Why not both?
Here is the same coin with out the lamination and a different variety no die cracks, at least none real visually distracting.

Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  01:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add collectorplay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why is Verdi-Care so hard to come by?
Pillar of the Community
United States
7344 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Keith

Quote:
Has anyone just used WD-40? I mean it was made for NASA. Can't hurt, Right?

Homework would need be done to see if the chemical ingredients used in WD40 will affect coins over time. WD40 also leaves a residue - the affects on the coin also would need to be determined.

Long term results would be necessary rather than just spraying coins to find out. So researching the chemical in WD40 would be best.

Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,032Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05