Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With Possible 1983 DDO

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 242Next Topic  
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2020  6:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add stneCowT to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys! Is this an example of doubled die on "In God? Cant find anything with DDO on "In God" only on "Trust"

Any help is appreciated!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45696 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2020  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a side by side so you can see what you should see on a doubled die this year. (Your looking in the right area, but there is no spread on the devices of your coin. The devices should be enlarged"

Note on the devices on the first image you can see notches on the lewer left side of "IN?

Note on the "WE' on this image.

On the date note on the '83', the right side of the devices are affected and the centers of the '8' are not rounded because of the hub doubling.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
07/28/2020 7:28 pm
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2020  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stneCowT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. So is what I'm seeing Die Deterioration?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45696 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2020  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it maybe part of the design. We have been seeing it for sometime now. I've thought it was coin rub, but it maybe just the way the coins look. If someone had a OBW roll of these. you could get a better idea if this happens on all of them, or some from some dies, or some from the same dies that has/don't have this. Note on the first image of the normal one I posted, it show a bit of this also. But look for the spread to enlarge the devices. Most of the new ones get used to looking at the outsides of the devices, and that is where you find Machine Doubling. But at least your looking in the right area. The devices will be enlarged on a doubled die. The more the spread, the more desirable they are.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

United States
29 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2020  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stneCowT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great info! I think I am getting better at this. Thanks alot :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3212 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2020  03:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great photography! We look forward to seeing what else you find!

ša va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
United States
1259 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2020  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good, clean fun.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45696 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2020  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note the first 'T' on Trust. You can see that the die was over polished by the reduction of the devices. But it appears it is from a normal die.
Richard S. Cooper

United States
29 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2020  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stneCowT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys :)
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 242Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05