Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 S Penny. Possible RPM?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 243Next Topic  

United States
18 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  07:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Phatum to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm not sure if this is an RPM or environmental. It kinda looks like the side of the S was smashed. I took the best photos I could with my phone. I'm pretty sure I know what this really is. It's a wake up call telling me it's probably time to invest in a microscope. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2942 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  07:17 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a well placed hit, on the S.. not a rpm..
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phatum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I figured it wasn't anything special but I have an untrained eye so wanted someone else to look at it just in case.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6413 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You cannot learn without asking
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Edited by Earle42
07/30/2020 11:55 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1241 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, a nice hit on the mint mark.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3186 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Smacked S, but no rpm, sorry.

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Just damage. Keep looking and posting.
I always ask myself, could I make it look exactly that way with a screwdriver and a hammer. If yes, probably damage.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 243Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05