Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Searching For 2020 Pennies...!!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 448Next Topic  
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  5:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mintcoin1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hello
new to this forum + excited to be here!
I need to buy as many 2020 pennies ASAP... do you have any for sale or know where I could get some? Have been keeping track of Ebay listings faithfully.
Thanks for any help!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
844 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to this forum, and have fun looking for what you're looking for.
Although I've heard of some people getting entire 2,500-count cases from their banks, I've only come across 8-10 2020-D cents. No Phillies yet.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34683 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Unfortunately you are not allowed to buy sell or trade yet. Please read the rules.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
5287 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I need to buy as many 2020 pennies ASAP.

Can I ask why?
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In Memory of Crazyb0 December 26, 1951 to July 27, 2020
United States
39 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Riellyscions to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In central Texas I get D's a lot and have two P's
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13765 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say e-Bay would be your best bet . Forget getting them at Banks .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16775 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I need to buy as many 2020 pennies ASAP

It's possible to get ballistic bags of them from the mint, that would be about 363,000 of them per bag. Of course you have to go get them and provide your own transportation and forklift. Cost is face value, a mosest fee and a $400 deposit on the Ballistic bag pallet (refundable)
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
88634 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1065 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People are speculating it will be low mintage from the shutdown so they will be hoarded and sold for crazy prices now and be dead ducks down the road most likely, unless they actually do make some low mintage rarity by chance, which is doubtful.

Now What I would do is take a saturday and go to banks in your area, start early, and get what they will give you, $1 here, $2 there, $5 if you can and see if any new rolls turn up in that search. I don't thinK you are going to score a $25 box from a bank at this time with the 'rona around and the "coin shortage" . BUT you never know, maybe, doesn't really hurt to ask

on ebay you are gonna pay like $5 a roll probably or more. unless you stay vigilant and happen to catch someone post up a $50 buy it now, with like $40 in shipping costs.....

I won't recommend an online vendor, but they do exist, coin businesses online, some as cheap as under $4 for a roll of P or D. Going price is about $5 a roll on most of the websites. so there's that.

You have 5 months + to find BU rolls of them really, might be worth fishing at your local banks until they turn up for face value

Bedrock of the Community
United States
19401 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The usual rush for the latest Cents.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can I ask why?

Im sure the mint can crank out a few billion of these
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mintcoin1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hi everyone! happy Monday :) thanks for all the welcome messages and suggestions <3
a few people asked why I am looking for 2020 pennies: I am working on a big public art project that needs to buy 2020 pennies to donate to small business and buy food
I've had no luck with the mint, so I've been buying a few here and there at banks and thru Ebay but not I'm still not close to the amount we need.
Holding out hope for a big lead and happy to buy any small amounts along the way !!

Pillar of the Community
5287 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reason I was asking.........you're 2 days to late. I just gave my bank 2 boxes of brand new machine wrapped 2020's on Saturday.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mintcoin1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh no! sorry to hear that, USSID : (
did you get your boxes from the mint?
if you ever come across any more... drop me a line : )
Pillar of the Community
5287 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
oh no! sorry to hear that, USSID : (
did you get your boxes from the mint?
if you ever come across any more... drop me a line :)

No, I have a half dozen different banks I frequent to search boxes of cents, quarter and halves. I picked up several boxes of cents last month, got them home and found out 2 of them were all 2020's. I have no need for those, so I returned them on Saturday.

If I get any more, I'll drop you a line.

Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 448Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05