Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 P Lincoln Error Cent. Lamination On Back Of Neck.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 422Next Topic  
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  12:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Silvertip to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hello, this is my first post, I ran across this coin search new 2019 cent rolls.
Is there much value in these kind of errors or is it even considered an error? The neck is blown outward on the back and it's starting to mess up under the chin. I found this coin in several stages progressing to this one. I'm new st image loading, so hopefully it's decent enough. Thanks for any input.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1340 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silvertip To CCF: Looks like some kind of Hit or posable a Struck Through Grease or Debris. The Newer Zinc coins can't have Lamination errors they say. Can you get closer and brighter pictures? You can also see something going on in front of the face and neck.
Edited by Daves Errors
08/02/2020 1:01 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1565 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need better photos. At this point, could be strike through and a possible die crack running through G and into back of the head.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35487 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Laminations are not possible on copper plated cents. Looks like a struck through,but need better photos.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46177 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or a strong grease fill. A closer view might help a bit.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silvertip to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I'll see if I can do better on the picture. I used the image helper to shrink its size I'll do my best. Whatever was on here continued for a bit, I found about 8 of these in two rolls before I stopped getting them. The rolls also had several that were not as bad but where the issue had fist started in the die.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3535 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A better close-up is needed, as mentioned, but could you please also show us the whole coin, both sides? Be mindful too about cropping the image as close to the coin's edge as you can. It helps us, thanks.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silvertip to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I hope these are better, I can honestly say, I have no idea how to make them better,
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silvertip to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I'll take a reverse and get it on here soon. It's pretty normal though
Pillar of the Community
United States
1565 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better lighting for the photos might help the harsh, contrasty nature of the posted images. Try more light, but diffuse it using lightweight white paper, tracing paper, or thin, translucent white plastic.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silvertip to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Here's the reverse of that same coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46177 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd save it for now. It is either coin damage or a struck through. Can't tell for sure on the reverse, but if it is pushed out over that area, then it is damage. If it is normal on the reverse it maybe a struck through. Here is an overlay. You might determine what area that the obverse would push through on the reverse if it is damage?

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silvertip to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the responses. My last question about this coin is, if it's damage and by damage you mean after minting, why did I find so many of these in a roll with different stages of the issue on the coin and why is it still copper plated in the area with the damage?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1340 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For me I will be confident saying its a Struck Through Grease. The grease can get packed in to a Die from the pressure striking the planchet. It can stay in the die for several strikes until it falls out or is removed. One Key thing is you need to get CLEAR pictures showing said Damage or Error so it can be seen as best as posable. When posting and looking for answers.
Edited by Daves Errors
08/03/2020 11:16 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46177 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well finding several examples proves it is a striking issue. When finding different shapes prove it is a struck through something stronger than grease. Maybe something grease and fibers of something. Keep them together as they show the changes. Unique find for an error collector.
Richard S. Cooper

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silvertip to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My apologies for the pictures but I have to say I don't know what to do. I am using the available image resize because mine are too big and it won't let me post the originals. What do most people use? I have the latest phone equipment and magnifier.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 422Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05