Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1881 S Morgan Guess The Grade Of The Newest Acquisition #2

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 805Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21342 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Morgan, MS-65PL
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Please give us a chance with an in-hand obverse photo before posting the grade.

Its out for delivery today, Ill have the pics up tonight.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I dunno if these are any better, but they are higher resolution.

In hand fresh out of the mailbox :)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4156 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still at MS-65 PL. A lovely coin.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll give it the weekend, and then put it out, it's been posted for a while, but I said I'd hold it till better pics were available.
Pillar of the Community
United States
884 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I'll revise mine. Really want to say 64+PL but I think they gave it MS-65PL
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its in a Gen 4 1998-2002 slab that detracts from it, so it will get re slabbed.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1549 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After seeing the new photos, I have a better feel for the coin.

I still see the reverse at MS-65+/MS-66 PL. It is fantastic.

The obverse photo gives a much better picture of the coin. There are three contact marks of concern: (1) a ding on the eyelid, likely from the edge of another coin (there are two parallel lines that could be reeding marks), (2) a NW-SE scratch on the cheek, and (3) a NW-SE scratch on the cap. The other apparent marks are only disruptions in the frost. The marks over the eye and on the cap are not too bad. The scratch on the cheek is in a high visibility area. I think it would be more important for grading. I see the obverse at MS-64+ PL.

I'm comfortable with PL from the pics. You have it in hand. It may be enough for DMPL. That's harder to judge from pics.

I would net the coin to MS-65 PL or possibly MS-65+ PL. It has great eye appeal. You did very well with this one!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fortcollins was the one that asked for the delayed release, and he has commented. I may not be around tomorrow, so I'm going to let it go now.

2 in the bag for Coinfrog :)

Thanks to all that gave their opinions, I learn with each one.

Edited by farrider11
08/08/2020 8:40 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 805Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05