Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Interesting 1973 Specimen Set Sold At Heritage

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 494Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1594 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  09:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I thought I would post this link on a pretty unusual specimen set that just sold at Heritage. I understand why a set was made for the Queen. But making a second set for a company that sold packaging to the mint?

https://coins.ha.com/itm/canada/can...-dailystatus
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4591 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shows the power of the senior vp of the RCM, this set is really cool, it's good enough for the queen but not almost 50,000 bucks to bring home.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
964 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what an "criminal" waste of money to give this 2. set to a supplier...
just wondering if this was within the "gifting" guidelines of the Gov.?
Learn More...
Canada
9253 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
three oversized uniface silver strikings for the 1973 RCMP Dollar and 25 Cents (each 65mm)

For those who collect medals, tokens and other RCM exonumia, I am not surprised by this. But these are not just medals, the country and denomination are on them.

This would mean a special set of dies were made, specifically for this one item. I am curious if those dies ended up at the National Currency Museum. This set, in my opinion, should also reside in the National Currency Museum collection.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4591 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I asked Heritage to XRF the coins a few days ago, of course it was around 90% silver so of course HST comes into play, this set was not made for the packaging boss, someone at the RCM just gifted it to him. Maybe the Currency Museum did purchase it, the bidding was fast and furious.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2415 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"criminal" waste of money

that would just be status quo...
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 494Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05