Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

You Have To See This "Safe" Metal Polishing Product From Hamsters Park

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 403Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2295 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  8:14 pm Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I started to post this in the "Numismatic Crime" forum. The text says it's safe and nonabrasive, but LOOK what it does to the poor coins!

https://hamsterspark.com/products/a...581548495014
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50453 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why does "Hamsters Park" not sound like a great place to shop for a sophisticated coin-cleaning product?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14015 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh great . Just what we need for scammers to pass Business Strikes off as Proof coins to unsuspecting newbies .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I buy all my coin cleaning products from Chinchilla Square
Pillar of the Community
Canada
663 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That poor British piece
Learn More...
Australia
13423 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not game to click on the link; my teeth are hurting just from reading the OP's title and brief description.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2295 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  08:15 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sap said...

Quote:
I'm not game to click on the link; my teeth are hurting just from reading the OP's title and brief description.

Here's a screen capture of the page. It just gets worse from here...

Learn More...
United States
90049 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I started to post this in the "Numismatic Crime" forum.
We may have to move it there.
Mexico
8 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mibarra to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely a Numismatic crime but might help some people that likes their coins shiny
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2295 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mibarra said...

Quote:
Definitely a Numismatic crime but might help some people that likes their coins shiny

Very true, but remember cleaning a coin can reduce the collectable value to zero, so that it's only worth melt or even face value.

Edited by Yokozuna
08/11/2020 9:01 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50453 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still think "Hamsters Park" has a ring of authenticity to it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6583 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But...but...but...as you can see in this picture from their own website...it makes coins "shinning bright just like a mirror!"

Why would anyone want their lower legs to be shining bright like a mirror?

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50453 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stop application once you can see your nose hairs.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 403Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05