Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New US Mint Collector Sets - Status

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 488Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
106 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2020  4:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hidalgo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It was my understanding that the US Mint was planning to offer the following sets this year:

* 2020 Native American $1 Coin and Currency Set
* 2020 George Bush Coin and Chronicles Set

Does anyone have an update on these two sets?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
1182 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2020  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope. Sometime before the end of the year I'd think, although they xcould strike them this year and then release them next year too. neither are on the mint website. All I can say is keep checking there until they give it a date.

they added the George H.W. Bush Presidential $1 Coin 2020 P+D Rolls, Bags, and Boxes for "fall 2020"....options are 25 coin roll, 100 coin bag, 250 coin box.

Learn More...
United States
91001 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2020  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I most definitely want this one to add to the others.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10660 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2020  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe the Coin and Currency set was on the 2020 schedule at one point then it mysteriously vanished... not a good sign for that one.

Quote:

Quote:
I most definitely want this one to add to the others.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1233 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2020  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Coin and Currency Set has apparently been scrapped for this year, but the Bush Coin and Chronicles Set is confirmed via the Mint's July 28 press release:

Quote:
The Barbara Bush First Spouse bronze medal will be included in the George H.W. Bush Presidential $1 Coin and First Spouse Medal Set and the George H.W. Bush Coin and Chronicles Set. Additional details will be announced prior to the release date. The Mint will announce the on-sale date for the George H.W. Bush Presidential $1 Coin later in the year.
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinnewcomer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To second another poster, back in January there were plans to issue a Native American $1 Coin and Currency Set (and double the price of last year's!) but due to the pandemic and short-staffing/closures likely caused them to scrap it. Fine by me as it offers a chance to catch up on this wonderful and somewhat underappreciated series (well except in the secondary market where some sellers know there is a market for it).

So far it seems the Bush Coin is relegated to just rolls and bags. I am into dollar coins after latching onto the American Innovation ones. And by the way used a few from a roll I picked a top one and then put a few asiode to sell. Others I spent and you know coin what non-collectors love best? The Delaware one. I already had one guy decide he would exchange it for a dollar bill and another woman show it to her friend. it helped this roll produced some good BU coins. The New Jersey roll I bought was more difficult.

Sorry to digress, I think the Bush dollar coin may be a nice sleeper this year and worth getting because of the distractions from all the commemoratives - Mayflower/Women's Suffragette/Victory Day 75th. Add in that people are buying the Quarters in droves since the US Mint truncated the sale of their Uncirculated P and D Quarter set, and you have good conditions for some products such as the George Bush dollar coin to be overlooked or ignored due to buyer fatigue (especially as it would add a total of SEVEN different dollar coins in 2020, a bit of a weird overabundance of dollar designs!).

I have not heard any update on a Chronicles set in the Production Schedule but then again who knew there would be a Mayflower coin until only a few months ago (it was mentioned but nothign was ever solidified notr a date ascertained for awhile). Crazy 2020.
Learn More...
United States
91001 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think the Bush dollar coin may be a nice sleeper this year and worth getting because of the distractions from all the commemoratives
Could be. The C&C set is on my buy list. I hope I can get the P&D at the next coin show, assuming my regular dealer has stocked up on his "bags & rolls" issues.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10660 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still do not see the Bush C&C set on the schedule. I hope it shows up.
Learn More...
United States
91001 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I still do not see the Bush C&C set on the schedule. I hope it shows up.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 488Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05