Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found A Queen Mask Loonie While Looking For Mask Twoonie, Is It Real?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,652Next Topic
Page: of 2

Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  11:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jacecol to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
We were going through our change dish looking for the new colour twonie but found this colour loonie of the queen wearing a flu mask! Spent a long time trying to find it online last night and there's nothing, found this site, can anyone give any info? My friend desperately wants to buy it but I don't know what it's worth. It looks like the mask area is sunk into to the coin and is black has an x next to date and also noticed after using a magnifier a number on the edge. It's either 16 or 91 depends which way you look. Found in Winnipeg. I think it would have come from dollaramma or a couple different timmies locations in the last couple weeks

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3136 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  11:43 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
someone did this at home, it didn't come from the mint that way. the digits on the edge of the coin look like they were done with a dremil tool. as for value , that is up to you and the person who wants to buy it. the numbers are probably 1-9 , for Covid 19, even though they are in the wrong order.
Learn More...
United States
91156 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3731 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sell it to your friend for $1.00. That's what friends are for. Coin collectors would consider it a novelty/ damaged coin.

If that sort of thing interested me, I would consider making one for myself, although I would do a better job with the numbers.
Edited by oriole
09/03/2020 12:00 pm
Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacecol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will sell it to him for a dollar thank you
Pillar of the Community
Canada
556 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
haha nice find!

Someone has a sense of humor and a lot of time on their hands.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1004 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2020  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is seriously funny!!
However, Her Majesty must have some jewels in her mouth piece!!
a very good chuckle on a Long Weekend morning!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
690 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I admire the creativity. Where did he/she find a 2020? I have yet too.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Valued Member
Canada
221 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Quatchi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had a 2020 in my change here in BC, but she didn't have a mask... That's one for the odds and ends collection for sure!
Valued Member
Canada
384 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is one commemorative that I would actually buy! THE RCM should be all over this...
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add blankes1968 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is so cool! I got one in change at a petro Canada gas station in Winnipeg Manitoba! First thing that came up when I googled queen mask loonie! mine says 12 on the side If I'm looking the righjt way. I didn't notice a number until I found this post I'm just happy to know this is a thing.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4213 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. I'd like to do up a short piece/article for a newsletter, but can't send you an email because you're both new members. Can I get permission to use your images?
Learn More...
United States
91156 Posts
Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacecol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm glad I never buckled and sold this. No hard feelings between me and my friend even though I wrote on here I'd sell it to him.. This is like finding a long lost cousin seeing the same coin. every time I show someone they can't believe it and laugh a couple people I've showed have asked if I'd sell it too I never will.

To the person asking to use pictures yes you can but I have to credit my wife for showing me how to take a close up picture I never knew how to focus on a phone until she showed me. *** Private information removed by Staff. Please do not post your name/address/email/phone number etc. ***
Learn More...
Canada
9324 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jacecol, you might have noticed that CCF staff has removed your personal information. I'll pass what you had originally written on to chequer (whom is the RCNA editor for the online newsletter NumisNotes).
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4213 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
To the person asking to use pictures yes you can but I have to credit my wife for showing me how to take a close up picture I never knew how to focus on a phone until she showed me.

Thank you! This will go in NumisNotes, which is a national newsletter, so RCNA members in Winnipeg can keep an eye out. If you want any further information, feel free to let me know and I'll drop a note.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,652Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05