Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2 Dollars 2019 With 14 And 16 Serrations

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 58 / Views: 5,664Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
Canada
95 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ThankS again.
Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2020  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Che1984 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those who have any interest, or, how I could say, any concerns, #129488;
I got the task of keeping stats ( crop the data) of 16 serrations 2019 twonie collar variety on coinsandcanada and numicanada !
With «  some help from my friend « Sp67, and the Eagle eye of Martin68, who first noticed this variety, here are thé last data compilation:

138 x 16 serrations out of 942 x 2019 twonie coins

So, ratio is less than 15%, including stats from CCF!

We need central and western Canada , Atlantic also, to conclude with consistence and reliability!

Thank you all&

Valued Member
Canada
82 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2020  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fefimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found two more in two rolls.
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went through my new roll of toonies - For stat purposes 25 out of 25 100% - 16 serrations.

Edited by Paisa
11/16/2020 7:03 pm
Valued Member
Canada
99 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SP67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good catch Paisa....

The only ones I got until now are from circulation....

For sure keep all of them.

We'll see if this variety will become popular in a few years.
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As I took a closer look at the 2019 Toonie Mint Roll I had I found that it is not all 16 Serrations. There are 14 serrations mixed in as well.

Now I am stumped. How is it possible that in the same mint roll there are 14 and 16 serrations. Does that mean that the two different serrations were struck like that on different dies within the same batch of coins?

I have another 2019 mint roll and it is the same story. The majority seem to be 16 serrations.

Anyone have some explanation?
Pillar of the Community
United States
991 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

So.......they never screen any Twilight Zone episodes in Canada?
Pillar of the Community
United States
991 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, I am mildly interested in possibly getting both types for my collections, but since I live north of the Detroit River and am currently 'banned' from driving south to Canada, my hope in finding any in the near future is pretty null.
Hopefully in another year I'll be able to visit some Windsor coin shows again and look.
Valued Member
Canada
99 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SP67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As I took a closer look at the 2019 Toonie Mint Roll I had I found that it is not all 16 Serrations. There are 14 serrations mixed in as well.

Now I am stumped. How is it possible that in the same mint roll there are 14 and 16 serrations. Does that mean that the two different serrations were struck like that on different dies within the same batch of coins?

I have another 2019 mint roll and it is the same story. The majority seem to be 16 serrations.

That means there's at least two press involved, some of them working with a 16 serrations die, the others 14.

All coins are then mixed together in bins or conveyors and go to the counting and rolling machine.
Edited by SP67
11/20/2020 07:51 am
Valued Member
Canada
99 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SP67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Paisa -> Can you provide the ratio between 14 and 16 serrations in your rolls?

Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the image of the roll

Red lines indicate 16 Serrations - 14 Pieces of 25
Blue lines indicate 14 Serrations - 11 Pieces of 25

Does that mean anything to people here?

Valued Member
Canada
99 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SP67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is the image of the roll

Red lines indicate 16 Serrations - 14 Pieces of 25
Blue lines indicate 14 Serrations - 11 Pieces of 25

Does that mean anything to people here?

Thanks for the information.
The stats with rolls are not yet quite exhaustive, but we can assume there's at least 2 press running together. All coins are then mixed before the wrapping steps.

If there's two press, stats should show 50/50. Your actual numbers are pretty close to that.

I got two 2019 rolls, all coins with 14 serrations.
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The stats are strange becasue so far in many of the circulated rolls of toonies when I find 2019 they are mostly 14 serrations. I have not kept an official tally on that though.

So is the current thinking that the 16 serration die was left over from another coin that was being struck?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
826 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add punman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just picked up another 10 rolls of coins from the bank and found seven of the 2019s. Two were the 16 serrations, five of the 14 serrations. Once again, I am from Calgary.

I still have not found a 2020 regular polar bear $2 coin yet. That is the reason for my search. I know they will eventually show up but by November I usually have one of a current year.
Valued Member
Canada
70 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BCTokens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got two 2019 toonies in change today. Both were 14 serrations. (Vancouver)

Jan

Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 58 / Views: 5,664Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05