Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Ever Had An Auction House Send Your Item To The Wrong Address

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 398Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1064 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  7:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A first time for me, but wondering if it has happened to anyone else?

I won a lot in early august with one of the big auction houses, after not receiving the item, I emailed to ask about it and they sent me a tracking number that showed it was delivered to someone in another city.

They are currently "investigating" (whatever that means), hopefully I will actually get the coins. But who knows...

It was about $900 CAD, so enough for them to investigate and be interested in finding them.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4591 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They didn't send you a tracking #, I guess they charged you shipping and insurance.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50440 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Assume insurance was included in the final bill? If this is a fact, then it's hardly an issue to tell us which "big auction house" it is and how the problem is finally resolved.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/14/2020 7:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1064 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Package was insured, not concerned with them doing the right thing, but curious if others have had similar experiences?

I'll withhold name until resolved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
961 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had one get lost a few years ago. Worth about $4K. The auction house reimbursed me, but not until they got paid by their insurance company. Took six months.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3469 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nightmare happened to me last year .
16 K USD lot , thank God I have a very honest neighbour!
Learn More...
Canada
9251 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Happened to a friend of mine very recently. Canada Post would not acknowledge that they messed up, and accused my friend of lying, since their system showed it was "delivered". The auction house handled it quickly and professionally, and refunded my friend very quickly - that said, it was only an item worth about $400.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1064 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@bosox - that is quite the wait. Not sure if I will be happy waiting that long.

@pacific - wow, that was a close one, can't imagine the fight something like that would be, especially during covid where we are not even signing for most packages.

@spp - at least mine says delivered to someone in Los Angeles, not much usps can say there given that I am in burnaby, I am assuming they mixed a label/lot somewhere along the way. But who knows...
Valued Member
Canada
344 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  05:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A small ebay purchase on one occasion.... package went to a street with the same name as my own but in Saskatchewan instead of Ontario. Dealer (known quantity on ebay) was very apologetic and refunded everything. S**t happens.... Though this was a ~$500 purchase....
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 398Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05