Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1895 Puerto Rico Peso. Looking For Your Opinions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 321Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2546 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  09:40 am Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First of all, I'd like to welcome myself back. I needed to take a break for a while. Haven't posted a topic in forever.
I recently bought this coin with the plans of sending it in for grading to NGC.
Seems like graded ones sell for decent money on the bay and I bought it right. What do you all say about it?
Genuine?
Grade?
Straight/details?

Valued Member
Poland
154 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Genuine, VF details, excessive surface hairlines (would be a high VF, nearly EF if not for the details grade, and I know some will argue it up to an EF details, but in my opinion, the obverse it too worn to make it).
Edited by norantyki
09/15/2020 12:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
928 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd argue it up to EF :)
Valued Member
Poland
154 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@machine20, I knew it ;)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3839 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love series where we can follow the age of the ruler.

Agree that this coin looks to have an old cleaning. I am more inclined to high VF, without much in the way of REAL hairlines
And, let's get it over to the grading sub-forum.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3176 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let us know what grade it gets OP. I'm going to try and obtain a slabbed puerto rico peso as a early christmas present for myself soon....want it for my crown sized collection
Pillar of the Community
Austria
551 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  07:25 am  Show Profile   Check coinworldtv's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinworldtv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$300 should do it for a decent piece
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2546 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  09:57 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
want it for my crown sized collection

It will definitely be for sale at that time.

Quote:
$300 should do it for a decent piece

Check out the sold listings of graded ones on eBay. Way higher.
Pillar of the Community
Austria
551 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  11:01 am  Show Profile   Check coinworldtv's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinworldtv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@BigSilver Agree, it all depends on the quality. You will definitely not get an MS63 for $300.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2546 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  11:20 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coinworldtv not even talking about that. See this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1895-PGV-P...283653147175
Edited by BigSilver
09/18/2020 11:20 am
Pillar of the Community
Austria
551 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  11:43 am  Show Profile   Check coinworldtv's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinworldtv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@BigSilver Grading is a good idea as there are high quality counterfeits of this type.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 321Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05