Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A 1941-P Slant 1 Lincoln Cent .

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 255Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14183 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  9:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Trying out my new Android phone , I have a couple of these so I know it's not PSD or unique . The last 1 is slanted . Who can tell me why this happens ?

Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EDM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a couple of these too and a 1921. I've never heard them as an error or type so I also am curious why these exist?
Learn More...
United States
17433 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry @t-bop but that is damage from the mechanism on a coin operated gumball machine. The L in LIBERTY is another common area to be partly swept inward.

If you look closely, you can sometimes see little remnants of the base of the one.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51330 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, the "1" has been pushed sideways by a mechanical device.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/18/2020 9:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1272 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, looks like gumball machine damage.
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
Pillar of the Community
United States
3773 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with all of the above, gumball machine damage, post mint (of course). We have seen this in all dates, affecting only the last digit.
ša va bien aller
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36089 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  05:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tony,
It is damage. Your pic is clear enough but could not click on it to enlarge and it needs a bit more cropping,just so you know.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14183 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  07:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great, now you know why I'm not an error or variety collector .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 255Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05