Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1929 Ten Dollar Bill. Bank Of Commerce Of Adrian

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 393Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  10:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Co1ns to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the community and was wondering if anyone can help me with some information on this note. Is this a rare note? There also seems to be some type of cut error on the edges, misalignment. Thanks in advance for any info.

Co1ns

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51194 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Scarce bank but not rare. Heavily creased, perhaps low VF in grade.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4419 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

A nice note to have in a collection nonetheless
Member: ANA and NTCA
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Co1ns to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coinfrog and scopru for the information. Is the way the note is cut considered an error and does that add value to it?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5544 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ragged edges on these notes are fairly common. These notes were shipped in sheet formats to the banks. There were 6 notes on each sheet. The sheets were cut by hand with paper cutters, scissors or just by using a straight edge. It does not add value.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36004 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  04:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please crop and rotate photos properly before posting...thanks.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2477 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What you have is a national bank note. These were issued by over 12000 banks in the US, many are rare, many are scare and many are common. I don't have the CD, to track which one this is. The condition is low Very Fine (maybe 20). These notes were cut by what the bank had on hand so the margins are what they are. What you have is a 1929 Type 1. See below for one of my examples:

They also released a 1929 Type 2, which in some cases are rarer. Notice the Bank Number is listed 2 times in Brown ink, 2 times in black.

Overall your note is pretty nice and has a lot of collectibility factor. If you want to sell it, check eBay sold to get an idea of value.

Edited by hfjacinto
09/21/2020 10:40 am
Learn More...
United States
90985 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1929 Ten Dollar Bill. Bank Of Commerce Of Adrian
Nice example!

Quote:
Please crop and rotate photos properly before posting...thanks.
Done.

For future reference:

You hover over the image in the Free Image Optimizer and the rotate buttosn will appear in the upper-left corner.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1625 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Co1ns to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you jbuck, hfjacinto, westernskky and everyone else for the knowledge. I'm new to the forum and I'll be sure to use the image optimizer next time.

I have one final question about this note. Would that be considered a low serial number and does that add to it's value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2477 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Generally on these the serial number isn't as valuable as the bank. I posted a 3 digit serial number above and I paid nothing extra for it. Maybe if you have one with 2 digits it might have premium.
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Co1ns to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you hfjacinto. That's good to know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
514 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Based on the condition, I'd say your notes worth about $75.
Nice note!

And I'll go there... YO, Adrian! (Go Rocky!)
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 393Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05