Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bank Only Giving Me Coin Once A Week

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 361Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
274 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  9:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For awhile, I was getting coin three times a week; I know that most coin is rolled by armored truck companies or the federal reserve, but the bank I use has started to roll their own coin (a teller who helps with rolling the coin told me that). The teller then told me that it would be best to just get coin once a week, which I will do for now on. I am very thankful that I can get coin at all. I also am still getting coins from a gas station near my house.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11073 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  02:12 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure it's due to the nationwide coin shortage.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4057 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  02:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why not just change banks to get back on three times per week?
I used to juggle over a half dozen accounts and changed banks like socks.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
274 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2020  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My mom would probably not want to drive me that much. For now, I am okay with my current situation.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2020  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinnewcomer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well for the future when you are able to, have a bankl account at two or three different banks for coin roll searching. And expect dry periods. A ws doing not too bad for a few months just asking the teller at a few banks f they had any Kennedys to buy. From the period of August till mid September 2020 I got:

a) 5 1967 Kennedy halves
b) 1963 Franklin 50 cent
c) 1982 Kennedy 50 cent Proof (impaired)
d) 1976 Bicentennial Uncirculated 50 cent

Roll searching has not been as fruitful but I did get:

a) 1929 Standing Liberty quarter in VG condition
b) Uncirculated 2001 North Carolina Quarter
c) San Antonio Missions 2019-W Quarter

The denomination I hate searching for the most are dime rolls, rarely find much but again I am not that fond of Eisenhower dimes so the idea of looking through an endless amount to catch possibly a rare error or Mercury dimes is unappealing. I actually like nickel searching better simply to find older coins with full steps or recent ones with full steps and in as top BU shape as possible. PLus you hit a silver one once in awhile. I was searching cent rolls sometimes but stopped for a bit. Finally, searching quarter rolls has been proving quite barren for pre 1965 issues. Still I find a nice one in uncirculated condition that I keep --- I figure with everyone searching for W quarters and silver, many State, ATB and traditional clad Washington quarters are being neglected. However, I think it is worth holdiong ont o one of those if you find one in excellent shape (and for the State and ATB I have hjeard of folks finding silver versions every once in awhile).
Edited by coinnewcomer1
10/02/2020 8:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4057 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2020  07:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Coinnewcomer1

Hold on to that Eisenhower dime it's worth a fortune, I've only heard of one minted.
Lol just pulling your chain, sounds like you're doing good. My CU's lobby here is still shut down so I can't even use the coin counter, been a while since I've even bought a bag of halves off of it.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
274 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2020  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Surprisingly, I have been finding some good finds from this bank (silver dimes, WW2 nickels, wheat cents, etc). I am thankful that I have been finding these coins in circulation. Also you have found some very nice finds. The Standing Liberty quarter is an amazing find. Good luck to both of you in your search.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 361Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05