Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Seeking Advice On Two Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 322Next Topic  

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  4:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jarheadcarter88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Seeking advice on the following coins. The images of the Delaware quarter I believe is a cud on the "E" in Caesar and on the "N" in Rodney. The dime, I have no idea what that is but if it is normal circulation wear then it is a lot. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Pillar of the Community
United States
514 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the cuds on the 25C. The dime has PMD.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9043 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A. Die chip(s)
B. Belt sander
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
645 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep die chips on quarter.
The Dime looks like a dryer coin.
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jarheadcarter88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any value to the quarter?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2032 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The quarter is worth $0.25, no premium for die chips.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6635 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The dime is not a dryer coin b/c the edges are sanded down. A dryer coin has thick "rims" on it from being battered around and landing on the rim between two tubs of a dryer (or washing machine). Click the term dryer coin to find out all about them.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Edited by Earle42
09/23/2020 7:09 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51194 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No premium on either coin (Chips and PMD, respectively).

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
500 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scstrawn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since no one else mentioned it, a cud involves the rim of the coin, so any interior event would not be considered a cud.
Pillar of the Community
United States
645 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Earle42. Thanks for the information of dryer coins
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 322Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05