Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 D Quarter With Bow-Tie Web Scrap ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 224Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  4:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
there is a piece of metal called web scrap used in the minting process,it looks like it is over-laid on the bust.

Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Web scrap? Never heard of that. Looks like a clash. I'm looking for an overlay for that coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1270 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, looks like a die clash to me.
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2461 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

Yes it's a clash mark from the child's hat and the man's back. I made an overlay of the coin so you can see where it's clashed.

Click the picture for a larger image
The first US coin motto was found on a 1792 half disme and read: "LIB (erty) PAR (ent) OF SCIENCE & INDUSTRY"

Edited by Yokozuna
09/24/2020 8:24 pm
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grelko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that it looks like a die clash.

Quote:
Web scrap? Never heard of that.

It's the piece of metal they punch the coins from. Sometimes it can get stuck to the sides of the coin.

There's a bunch on ebay. It looks like this.

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for your input. your right about the clash at first it did look like web scrap I have three exactly alike
Learn More...
United States
17396 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice die clash and welcome to CCF!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SamCoin, Yokozuna, Grelko,
Pillar of the Community
United States
3767 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!
ça va bien aller
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 224Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05