Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 Copper Penny 2.9 Grams Is It Suppose To Be Exactly3.1g

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 762Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46629 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a reprocessed/or copper plated steel cent. Place a magnet near it and it will jump onto a magnet.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14166 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OP doesn't seem to be helping us out here . Maybe we should just let it be .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46629 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Learn More...
United States
90999 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1670 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A new member that can't find their way back the this thread maybe or they are a "civilian" with no concept of how important it is to follow up (to keep our sanity intact) once they've started a thread like this?

Magnet test will give us vital information.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16976 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  02:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Isn't that weight too high for a steel cent?

My reference show the steel cent was struck at two different standards 2.689 and 2.754 grams, with a .13 gram tolerance. So a 2.754 standard could be up to 2.884 grams which on a one decimal place scale would read as 2.9 grams. Even at the lower standard it could weigh as much as 2.819 grams, so if it was just .031 grams out of spec it would also show as 2.9 grams
Gary Schmidt
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altec12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Op. Just a thought. If you have what you are claiming to have then you hit the jackpot, and you know that. Newbies posting to this forum oftentimes manage to take pretty decent, cropped, upright, and clear images of what they believe they might have. Usually in hopes of learning they may have found an error or variety coin worth perhaps $5, $10, maybe $100, if they are truly lucky. Usually not the case.
The fact that you are only capable of taking 1 minute to send in the crappy images in your original post, followed up by an equally as crappy, out of focus image after receiving feedback from the experts that you are seeking advice from on what is necessary for them to be able to give a fair assessment of your coin, tells me that your coin is altered or fake.
What is your ultimate goal, or game? Maybe to see if you can get one of the pros to say your coin is authentic? Idk. That is never going to happen.
If you really thought you had the penny you are claiming to have you would respond to the feedback in your post and send hundreds of clear images to confirm it.
Fake
Altered
Bogus
Not Real
B/S.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 762Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05