Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 Kennedy Half Dollar DDO? Would Love To Hear Your Thoughts.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 196Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  5:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Co1ns to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys,

I found this 1972KHD, it looks like double die to me. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Co1ns

Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I see is reflective doubling .
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Co1ns to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey sensiblesal66,

Can you please explain what reflective doubling is, just so I can get a better understanding of what I'm looking at.

Much thanks,

Co1ns
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46766 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
V.V lists one. Wexler zero. So it may look like a doubled die, but I'm not seeing a spread like a doubled die.
http://www.varietyvista.com/12%20Ke...2PDDO001.htm
The spread shows the doubled die, enlarges the devices. When you get a chance make a side by side with a normal coin and this one, to compare with to see if there is spread. When creating images for this make it 'IN GOD' and 'WE TRUST' as two images. When you enlarge just a section on an area and enlarge it larger, it makes the devices look like there is something there, when there isn't. Also just use one light to take macro images. The excess light over laps on the corners and makes it look like something there, but is really a shadow. So try to make these. It will help you see differences on normal and doubled dies.
Example: (Not the same date, just showing how to create these)

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Co1ns to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you coop, that was very helpful.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  12:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Something else that would help us, Co1ns, please crop your overall photos to the edges of your coin. Thanks.
ša va bien aller
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 196Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05