Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1938 S LWC Feeder Finger Damage?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 247Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
321 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  10:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Purchased a lot of coins on Ebay for the some of the other coins in the lot. Though the 1938 S looked pretty too.

Was examining it to determine what to do with it and if it was mint state or not, when I saw a bunch of lines on the back. It is hard to see the lines, as they are same luster as rest of coin.

Is this Feeder Finger Damage?

If I was going to add it to a set of coins which would be sent out to be graded at NGC anyway, would it be worth the $37 fee ($22 economy + $15 error)?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1155 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it.

Not worth it IMO, would have to come back MS-67RD to be worth it, this one would not.

Bit of a weak strike, worn dies, and fingerprint hurt this one.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ohh bummer... Nice Coin too !
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36089 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  05:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to tell with the photos,coin in 2x2 is a no-no when taking pics. I am not convinced with FF damage, will wait for a pro or two.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51336 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not worth the cost of grading, I'd say.
Valued Member
United States
321 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all. I wasn't expecting high MS, just wondering if attribution of FF would make it worth grading.

I don't want to remove it from 2X2 if I'm not going to do anything with it. It will just fill in a MS spot in my wheat collection.
Edited by sheldius
09/28/2020 11:46 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 247Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05