Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

October 2020 New Issues

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,949Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
465 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2020  10:42 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@atticguy

You can still buy it Here.

https://www.tsc.ca/2021-Fine-Silver...nav=R:687833
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Valued Member
Canada
408 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2020  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My thought is that this might be Canada's version of the U.S. ASE dollars, and they'll make one every year for the next 30 years or so.

Lord I hope not... The Maple Leaf and all of its variants fill that role.

Quote:
sad that it's already gone

The Silver Peace dollar is still available for retail price at TSC noted by @Jimper above or on https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/new-...ecution=e1s1 The gold one is now sold out though.
Canada
34 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2020  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mice45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There was a rumor a few years back when RCM and US Mint issued a medal featuring the "Peace" design. The rumor was that it would be the new design for annual bullion series. It seems the rumor was at least half-true: not a bullion but repeating 1 oz proof silver. I think it is better than mixed bullion/proof/rev-proof maple leafs.
On a similar topic, there is 3rd issue of high-relief bullion "Lucky Dragon" (first issue was 2018). A nice looking coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
901 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2020  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
vonigohcr & jimper;
Thanks to both of you for the suggestions, but both those places (TSC and Canada Post) ban sales to the US side of the border. I did text message with someone at TSC and she suggested that I could always buy what I want but mail it/them to a friend in Canada. Alas, I have no friends in Canada to do so. As a matter of fact, I don't have any friends here in the states either. I don't even think my cat likes me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6670 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2020  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't even think my cat likes me.

Don't worry about this.
Being part of the family, they might not like, but they appreciate all what people do for them.

I believe some of us can help you.
But you have to understand, that you will pay kind of double shipping plus some possible PayPal fees. Which in total will be same as you will buy via eBay from couple famous and trusted sellers.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2756 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2020  02:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@aticguy,

Why don't you buy the Peace dollar from Gatewest Coins for issue price? They have a US Website:

http://store.gatewestcoin.com/cgi/v...0h84W&site=1

Gatewest Coins have every October releases in stock except for the Gold Peace dollar.

@jimper,
Gatewest Coins is my preferred dealer because I don't have to pay the BC 7% PST. TSC charge me the PST so I rarely order from them. The cashback needs to more than 7% before it is worth it. Right now it is only 3%. Other dealers I like are Colonial Acres and CC&C which do not charge PST. I buy from the RCM only to keep MC status.
Edited by MoneyPenney
10/10/2020 02:31 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
901 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2020  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@MoneyPenney

THANKS!! Just got done ordering mine. Although I've heard of Gatewest before, I was unaware they had a US 'branch'.
Gosh, I may have friends after all.
Valued Member
Canada
465 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2020  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@MoneyPenney

Yes, you have to do what is best for yourself. Pay as little as you can and always look for a deal. :)
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Valued Member
Canada
219 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received my Peace dollar. Here is the 2020 and 2021 coins side by side:

Pillar of the Community
Canada
6670 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, such a beauty.

Thank you for pictures, YesOrNo!

They could be released together as a set.
Both are very nice, but if to choose - I would go with reverse-proof, cause on regular proof the frosted relief makes it 'flat' looking.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,949Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05